10 : Out for the Day

After you healed up, a letter arrived inviting you to join Kyojuro and Senjuro for the day. It gave little information, but you knew you'd go. It would be the perfect time to get to know them better. As you got dressed in a more formal outfit than your uniform, Kyojuro and Senjuro where getting things ready. They didn't know what to expect from you, it was like you were in a completely different universe. They both sweatdropped just thinking about how you would present yourself, but it was too early to know.

Kyojuro pulled his hair into a ponytail with the hair framing his face left out. He still wore his uniform and haori like normal, though, but Senjuro wore traditional clothing since he wasn't a skilled fighter and couldn't join the demon slayer corps. His hair was pulled back like it usually was as well. They both started to walk towards the meeting point to wait for the remaining time they had left. They sat on a bench near the meeting point, Kyojuro with crossed arms and wide spread legs, while Senjuro had his hands placed on the bench between his legs.

Just minutes later, you spotted the duo and started to walk towards them admiring the city. It was colorful and bustling with people. It made you wonder if something special was happening that day, it seemed like a festival. Your hair swung around your shoulder as you turned to see a taller man hovering above you.

"Not interested." You said blankly with an annoyed expression. You began to wake faster towards Kyojuro, but the man grabbed your wrist. It was clear he had a little to much to drink, but hey, what could you do about it. "Look man, I told you not interested. Back off before I make you." You growled.

"Now, now, sweetheart. Today's a special day, why not spend it with me huh? You're here all by yourself, why not have a little fun~?" His voice sounded sweet, but the look in his eyes were lustful. It disgusted you.

With a scowl you yanked you hand away from him and slapped him using your other hand. "I am here with someone, so get lost, dick." Foul language wasn't something you normally went to for defense, but he was putting you in a sour mood.

"Listen here, little girl-"

"No! You listen here, I'm not some toy, and I told you no-! Go find someone else because I'm not here for your fun, I'm here for mine!" You loudly walked away and a sweet and tender smile on your face once more. The man could tell just by your grip that you weren't a normal teenage girl, you were strong.

As you neared the boys, your footsteps caught the attention of Kyojuro. Immediately, he stood to his feet to greet you, but as he went to say something, nothing came out. He was speechless. With a swift movement, you ran towards the man and enveloped him in a sweet hug. You had worn the proper uniform along with your pink, white, and grey haori. Your shoes were classy, yet fancy at the same time, but he didn't have time to focus on that when he saw the hair pin locked into your hair. "Where did you get that hairpin?" He finally spoke.

You broke the hug and smiled brightly, "It was given to me by my mother." His eyes narrowed.

"You remember?"

With a questioning hum, you shook your head, "I remember some things, while others I'm still clueless about. Why, is this hairpin something different?" You now felt slightly self conscious about wearing it.

It faded away when he smiled sweetly and shook his head, "No, I just remember you telling me a story about that hairpin when you were little." You chuckled and turned around.

"So what are we doing here? Some guy told me today was a special one, is there a reason?" You cocked your head to see his face that stood still behind you.

He just laughed his loud hearty laugh and pulled you and Senjuro along. It was the first time Senjuro had seen you since the final selection, but he certainly couldn't recognize you. It was your looks and attitude, nothing was the same compared to how you used to act. It was more carefree and happy than strict and disciplined.