48 : End of the War (2)

A/N: so, I'm in serious pain right now. I can't even move without feeling pain in my legs 😅🤣 but hey, that just gives me more time to write, right lol?

Enjoy, lovely readers~!

No one had known Tanjiro was given the cells Muzan had left. It saved the boy from death, but at the cost of his mind. Was it worth it? It was sad, really. Nezuko was turned back into a human... only for Tanjiro to be turned demon unwillingly.

Muzan really enjoyed the irony of situations. It was sick.

Right after Muzan's death~

You were at your limit, if not already past it. Your body was tearing itself apart with each movement you made, so of course Kyojuro told you to stop.

The fight against Muzan was finally over... a deep sigh left your mouth as you practically collapsed into Kyojuro's chest, being held upwards by his arms. He chuckled and fell backwards onto his butt, holding you close to his chest. He pulled his haori around you, your body feeling colder than normal.

His scent filled your nose, mixing with the smell of your own blood... but that didn't matter. As long as it was Kyojuro. As long as he was with you, by your side.

"You had me worried, (Y/N)... I thought I had lost you, don't ever leave my side again." He whined, his head leaning against yours as you chuckled sweetly. "From now on, and for the rest of eternity, (L/N) (Y/N)..."

"Oh, Kyojuro..." you touched his face and tilted your head back to pull him down to your lips. You missed this, you missed him. Breaking the sweet kiss, you spoke once more, "We made a promise, after all."

Your bright toothy smile seemed to brighten his mood, a replica of it appearing on his face as he coughed a bit.

The wind blew his hair softly, the sun outlining his beautiful face wonderfully, making your heart thump faster and louder. It wasn't long before your face turned bright shades of red. Trying to hide it, you hid your face in his chest, gripping his uniform tightly.

There were only two things on your mind.

Kyojuro.

And how many people you lost today.

Tears began to soak his top, his eyes widening at your sudden mood change. "What's wrong? Are you hurt-?" His booming voice called worriedly.

Before you had the time to answer, a loud crash sound made it's way into your ears. With a small sniffle, you pushed your way out of your lover's grasp, stumbling around the corner.

You stopped in your tracks, eyes widening in disbelief.

You thought people would be able to hear your heart shatter from all the way over here. Both Sabito and Giyuu were fighting Tanjiro. Zenitsu and Inosuke also joining...

Why? Why were they fighting him?

You had the answer to your question already. It was clear. He wasn't Tanjiro. It was a demon, the new demon king.

"No..." you mumbled, grabbing your sword and walking towards the fight slowly. "This... can't be real. It can't be-"

Tanjiro noticed you and began to attack, much like a wild animal. There was no humanity. It was like a cornered beast. Tears fell from your stoic face once again, denial evident as Kyojuro turned the corner to watch Tanjiro skewer the side of your face, waist, and thigh... but what was more frightening was the fact you didn't even flinch.

You just kept walking towards him.

With each step, more anger welled up inside you.

With each step, the grip on your sword got more intense.