23 : Beauty

Warning: slight manga spoilers, read at your own risk. I have changed some things so don't get mad at me lol.

You woke up to the soft, small snores of the sleeping Kyojuro. A heavy blanket of darkness still surrounded you, but you could still make out his body perfectly. He was no longer pressing his face into your stomach, but now his face looked towards you, sitting right above your chest and under your chin. It made you heart beat faster as your cheeks lit up. You could feel his arm laid across your hip lazily as it hung over the other side of the bed. You couldn't deny that it was quite adorable to see him like this. You pulled the blanket over him and happily closed you eyes once more, falling into a peaceful sleep.

When you woke up again, Kyojuro was no where to be found. You did notice he had pulled the blankets up to cover you completely before leaving. Not thinking to much about it, you raised your arms up to stretch and got out of your bed feeling the pain of your cracked ribs. It was probably the thing that hurt the most, even though Akaza had basically ripped through your shoulder completely. You crouched down, hugging your abdomen, and placed your head against the wall. Surprisingly, it helped a little. But saying a little was being generous.

After a moment of sitting like that, you heard a soft knock on the door and mumbled a 'come in' as you stood back up and sat on the bed. You watched Kyojuro walk in with a plate of food, and as soon as he laid eyes on your expression, he quickly sat the food down and bombarded you with questions.

"Are you okay? Did something happen? This didn't happen because of last night right?" He spoke fast, causing you to chuckle which turned into a wince.

"Don't worry, it's just my ribs. These things take time to heal as I'm sure you're quite aware." You boped his nose and directed your attention towards the food he brought in. "Oh, and before I forget, your snore is really cute." You smiled brightly watching him try to hide his rapidly brightening face.

"I could say the same." You only laughed and began eating the (f/f) that he had brought in for you. "What did Oyakata-sama ask from you? It certainly took awhile whatever it was."

"Oh, he wanted to know everything that's happened since the first Akaza attack to the second one. From my perspective, at least." You explained, stuffing your face once more. You hear him laugh loudly as he brought his hand towards your chin. You gulped and watched him wipe something off your chin. "K-Kyojuro!" You squealed from the sudden affectionate action. It was still new to you, you've never done this before, and frankly, neither has he. If you were being honest with yourself, you hadn't even known he could have such feelings towards another person until he confessed to you. You smiled at the thought and gazed at Kyojuro taking in his angelic appearance that only seemed to enchant you further. You shifted your gaze down to your food and went silent.

"Is something bothering you, (Y/N)?" He questioned worriedly.

You shook your head and gave a small smile, "I was actually thinking about visiting my childhood home. That's all." Kyojuro's eyes widened, you had never once said something like that. You noticed the surprise, "I figure it's time I say goodbye... since I never got to that night." You brightly smiled and placed the empty plate to the side, standing back up.

"You know Aoi-san will lecture you if she finds you up. It hasn't even been two full days, you should rest more." He tried to convince you.

"Well, I'd rather that than being stuck in a room all day. Especially with you beginning training again... it gets really boring sometimes." You timidly say. He only chuckled and gave you a small squeeze of the hand before heading towards the door.

"Suit yourself, I'd rather not be turned against you, which is what will happen should I be in here when she arrives." You stuck your tongue out as he laughed and closed the door behind him. Once you no longer heard his footsteps, you laid back down and covered your obviously pained expression. It didn't stop your thoughts about not wanting Kyojuro to leave. If you were being truthful with him, he'd still be here with you, but you refused to keep him from training. It wasn't fair to anyone to do that, just because you wanted more time with him. You could hear distant grunting and knew the three boys were challenging Kyojuro even if they were guaranteed a loss.