34 : A Gruesome Night

After giving Kyojuro his bracelet and hair ties, you had gone back to the butterfly estate and found Tanjiro and Mitsuko still fighting, although it was quite clear they had taken a break right before you got there. Immediately, both of them could tell you were in a great mood, and decided it would be as good a time as any to ask for help without devastating repercussions. Happily, you went over what they wanted to know, and helped the correct the mistakes or bad habits they were making. Your mood certainly made you a better teacher...

Inosuke also joined in, attacking you and figuring out knew ways of attack should they counter his moves. All in all, it was a productive night for everyone, including you.

"Your wounds seemed to be healed! Although, you do have a few scars..." Aoi said somberly, but you only shook your head.

"That's okay! Scars are better than coming back dead! I woulda been a goner had dawn not shown up when it did!" You chuckled and placed the bandages on the side of your bed, pulling Aoi into a close and tight hug. "You're always so caring, Aoi-san! I can always count on you to be my savior!" You cooed into her shoulder.

"Are you okay? Did you take something...?" She asked, not willing to believe you would say something so random at such a strange moment.

You pulled away and raised a brow, "I'm fine, and I didn't take anything. I'm just happy, that's all." You chuckled and heard a soft knock at the door. When you looked over Aoi's shoulder, you immediately shot up and embraced the ray of sunshine that stepped into your life years ago. "I thought you were staying with your father and brother." You said into his chest.

"Senjuro convinced me to come here instead." You chuckled at the slyness of the timid boy and backed away slightly with your hands behind your back. Your gaze was full of love as it pierced him to his soul.

Aoi cleared her throat and watched you turn to face her with a wide smile, "As I was saying, I'm glad you're here to help with my recovery each time I get injured." You praised the girl happily.

After you flopped onto the bed, Aoi inched up to Kyojuro, "I think she's drunk on love." Kyojuro could see her shiver at the thought of you being truly drunk... what a sight that would be...

Once Aoi was gone, Kyojuro walked over to the bed and watched you turn to your side to look st him with a curios expression. "I remember when I used to bombard people with questions... man I sure have changed." You chuckled to yourself and felt a soft but callused hand touch your cheek tenderly. He caressed it softly and leaned forward, placing a small kiss on your lips before placing one on your forehead.

"Questions or not, you're still my Snowball. It doesn't matter how much you change or what you do, you'll be the same curious girl I met all those years ago." He chuckled and tackled you, pinning your hands to the bed while he laid on top of you. "I must say, I am quite ashamed I kept my feelings from you for so long." You glanced st your hands then to his soft expressions and giggled.

"This is a change of events." A wide grin spread across your features as you invited his gentle touch. "You needn't worry. If I'm being honest, Shinjuro-san knew of my feelings before you..." you chuckled nervously and saw his jealous expression. "I told him right after I got that fever a few months back and visited hum"

"Oh, when you said you felt vulnerable?" You gave a small nod as he removed his hands from your wrists, placing his elbows beside your head, holding himself above you. "Just how vulnerable did you feel? Do you still that vulnerability?" He asked with kindness etched into every fiber of his being.

"It was the most vulnerable I've ever felt, and occasionally I still feel it, but I think it's human nature. That's what Shinjuro-san told me, anyways. Told me he was glad I was human." You laughed with closed eyes.