22 : Lovey Dovey

"You wanted to speak with me, master?"

"I'm sorry to bring you out here on such short notice, and while you are still recovering. I heard you had quite the battle yesterday." The smile on his face was kind, and although he couldn't see, he looked right at you. It sent chills throughout your body, but after a moment of silence he spoke up once again. "I would like to hear what happened. Kyojuro only had limited information about what you experienced, but he knew his experience quite well. So please, let me hear your burdens, I can feel your uneasiness all the way from here." He chuckled and waved you over. Standing to your feet, you walked over to him slowly, sitting on the wood in front of him. "Would you like something to drink?"

"I'm fine, thank you, Oyakata-sama." You smiled with a blank tone. "But before we start, may I ask a question?"

"Go ahead."

You chewed on your bottom lip before speaking, "Do... people really worry about me?" You asked remembering what Tanjiro relayed to you.

He smiled calmly, "We all worry about you, (Y/N). I will admit, you've had your fair share of close calls. However, I can say with confidence all the pillars respect you and know how strong you are. Truthfully speaking, I believe you could fight against Gyomei and still hold your own. That in and of itself is an achievement you should be proud of."

You looked down at your knees, "Then why do I feel so useless? I always seem to convince myself that I'm not putting my all into a fight... or I'm not good enough... people always seem to get hurt, and yet, they look at me with pity in their eyes..." you gripped the fabric covering your knee caps. "It makes me feel weak, but many people look up to me for my strength. They praise me and celebrate after I win a battle... but..."

"Is there someone in particular you wish not to worry? Or that you qorry to much about? Do you want to be strong in front of them?" He interrupted calmingly.

You looked up, "Well, it's more of the other way around... all they do is worry about me... and I know I don't have to be strong when I'm with them because they'll protect me... but, they worry even after knowing I'm okay. That's why I asked. Kyojuro didn't seem to sleep well last night, and Tanjiro-kun told me that Tengen-san said he worried to much about me..."

"Ah, so it's Kyojuro. He, indeed, sounded quite tired."

You smiled happily, "Well, thank you for answering my question. I will proceed if you'd like me to." You watched two twin girls, Oyakata-sama's younger daughters, bring out some tea and pour some for their father.

"Please, I would like to hear the full story and not the one with missing details." With that, you began telling him the objective for the first time you and Kyojuro encountered him. "So he showed up after you defeated the train demon?" You mumbled a yes and continued with you story. You had told him everything that happened in your dream, how you got out, and about what you learned and how it affected you. "So that's why you have the fever?"

"Yeah..."

"It seems odd to me, that your father turned on his family like you explained and inferred from avaible information. I don't believe he meant you any harm, and maybe even lied to Muzan."

"I thought that too, but the demon chased me as well... hell, it would have killed me if not for Shinjuro-san... if he lied to Muzan, then I suppose the demon could have just wanted me as a snack thinking I was a guest... but that's unlikely." You explained. He seemed logical, and your master listened tentatively to what you had to say.

"Well, have you remembered anything else about your father? Or maybe had a strange feeling?"

You looked away, thinking about it for a moment then suddenly you remembered. "I did have a dream that I can't say was a memory for sure. It was about me and father mainly. We were back at home, and he called me to tell me dinner was done. I ran up to him with flowers and gave them to Jim with a really big smile. I asked him if they were pretty, and he said yes but I was prettier. That was pretty much the end, though..." you said. It still felt strange to you to have a dream like that.