32 : Daydreams or Nightmares

After eating the breakfast Aoi had prepared, you take out your sword and begin swinging it harshly around the air waiting for the pair you were to train to arrive. When they did, you threw your weapon at Mitsuko, as hard as you could hoping she could dodge or block it... but of course, she couldn't and you had to pull it slightly using the threads you had tied around it. It grazed her shoulder and as Inosuke turned to see what just happened, it swung around and knocked the boar mask off his head.

"What's that for, lady?!" He shouted with both his weapons drawn.

"I thought you were supposed to train us, not kill us!" Mitsuko added.

You slightly huffed and picked up a wooden sword, taking a fighting stance in front of them. "Even with the pillar training you passed, you're not nearly fast, nor strong, enough to beat an upper moon, barely a lower moon." You said simply and beckoned them to attack you using any skill at their disposal. Some would say it resembled a game of tag... just more deadly for all players...

After a few hours of nonstop attacks, you paused them and corrected feet work for minimal movement, as well as ways to be faster. There are no shortcuts, that's true, but if you run in a certain way, you can be faster than before. That was just truth. Mitsuko had troubles at first, but kind of got the hang of it right as you were stopping the session. Inosuke on the other hand... wasn't getting it at all, he wanted to do things his way...

"That kid's got a problem, so I need to fix it..." you thought to yourself, staring at the still bright blue sky. Too bad Oyakata-sama could no longer see it. You got cleaned up, rewrapped your wounds, then put on a red and black flowered kimono for your dinner date with Kyojuro. Knowing it would just get in the way, you braided your hair and folded it into a bun, putting a hair clip that your mother gave to you in it. Aoi knew about the meeting, and offered to do your makeup, but you declined not wanting to go through the hassle of wearing it.

When you got through getting ready, you walked out of the gate and saw Kyojuro walking towards the mansion in a traditional black hakama with a white shirt tucked into it neatly. When he looked up and saw you, his eyes widened making you look away with a blush dusting you cheeks. He smiled brightly and ran up to you, grabbing your hand.

"You look beautiful, Snowball! Absolutely stunning, my dear!" Hearing him call you that made your heart race faster, only heating your cheeks more.

You shyly smiled up at him, "Thanks, and you look as charming as ever, Kyojuro." You teased, playing it off and walking ahead, but making a mental note of how tired he looked, "Where are we going?" You questioned wondering what your dinner would be like for the evening.

"To this really nice place that sells the best sweet potatoes!" You chuckled and grabbed his hand, lacing your fingers with his.

He happily let you, and walked beside you confidently... like you were a trophy he wanted everyone to see. So naturally, the two of you got stares from women and men alike as they gossiped about the interaction. The two of you talked casually as if this was daily, it was relaxing in a way. It helped both of you to forget there was a war coming, one you wouldn't be guaranteed your lives.

He walked to the front of a restuarant you recognized as the one you once told him was your favorite. Your eyes lit up at the sight of the old looking building, but you hid it and smiled widely at Kyojuro who looked proud of his decision.

"Well, are we going?" You questioned with a small chuckle following as he gave a nod and pulled you inside. It was decorated exactly how you remembered, with wood floors and red paintings spread as cross the wall beautifully. "This place never ceases to amaze me..." you whispered as you took your seat in front of Kyojuro. He only laughed and grabbed your hands affectionately.