47 : End of the War (1)

A/N: This will be in 2nd person point of view, enjoy~

You had just over an hour.

And hour for this nightmare to finally be over.

But time seemed to slow as Kyojuro stared at you, his eyes bright like usual, but also confused while you smiled weakly at him.

You poked his nose with a giggle and hugged him close to you, surprising him further. "I missed you, I don't know what I would do had my sun disappeared forever." You spoke sweetly into his ear, a shiver being sent down his spine.

Lightly, she kissed him on the cheek, pulling him to his feet. "What do you mean- you had to get close to be useful??" He finally urged, trying to piece the puzzle together.

You shrugged and wrapped your hand in his, pulling him towards the fight. "Let's go, we have an hour before we can rest with our comrades~ I'll explain later!" You happily smiled with your eyes closed.

Still stunned, he followed you quickly his sword almost dragging on the ground due to his loose grip. He wasn't sure how you were moving so carelessly or freely...

Honestly, it was something even you had no answer to, but you could easily speculate.

As the two of you ran, your keen eyes spotted something shining in the moonlight off to the side. Having a gut feeling on what it was, you told Kyojuro to keep moving while you went to find the object.

With hope written in your expression, you pulled a rock off of the beautiful work of a swordsmith.

"Oh, how I missed you!" You shouted, pulling the sword out of the rubble. It was your sword. How it got there? You would find out later, it didn't matter for now. "Come to mama!" You swung it in the air multiple times still awestruck.

Hey, it was your sword, and you held it in a very high regard. Whoever judged you for speaking to it in such a manner could piss off for all you cared.

Quickly, you ran towards the area you heard all the noise, only speeding up more to get there faster.

Your family and friends were in danger.

You couldn't just stand there, even if your wounds were already far worse than those of the others. You would fight until your body no longer obeyed your commands. You would risk your life for those around you, even if you had no intention of dying.

Your eyes landed on the area with shock. 'That loud noise- no, that can't be right-' you thought while looking around for the others.

You easily spotted Kyojuro and Tanjiro who were back to back deflecting attacks from the slowing Muzan. Scars had appeared on the demon's body, a wicked smile creeping it's way on your face.

Trying to stay hidden, you found your way around, checking on the pillars and other corp members who had been injured and pushed back. Luckily, so far the only life threatening condition was Gyomei's. You wanted to stay and help, but you just couldn't. And so, with a heavy heart, you turned towards the fight between Kyojuro and Tanjiro.

Stealthily, you ran through the buildings, hoping to stay hidden until it had time to circulate in his system. Tanjiro seemed physically exhausted as Kyojuro had to repeatedly help him from getting more injured, but both of them had realized his slowing technique. Was it fatigue from fighting for so long, or something else entirely? Only you, Shinobu, and Tamayo knew what the true cause was.

"Caw! 32 minutes until dawn! Caw!" The crow sang once again, your eyes floating to it for a quick second before you perched up on a window seal, getting ready to jump. You could see everyone from the vantage point, Shinobu still fighting Douma with Kanao, Inosuke, and Zenitsu, although the fight was clearly about to end since Douma was being pushed back thanks to Zenitsu helping out. Yushiro was tending to some of the wounded along side Tamayo. Giyuu and Sanemi were resting for a moment while Obanai had joined the fight only moments before you had climbed into the window. Mitsuri was also resting with some of the kakushi. Sabito was helping Gyomei get somewhere safer, also being injured quite badly himself. Muichiro watched over Kokushibo while he recovered from the antidote Tamayo had given him.