44 : Your Hell (6)

Kokushibo stalked into the room, more gloomy than usual, (Y/N) immediately taking notice in the difference. His left hand rested on the hilt of his sword as he walked closer to her, slowly bending down to be face to face with her.

"I'm sorry, (Y/N). It's just what Muzan-sama wants." He spoke, apologetically, his gaze falling towards the ground near her knees.

With a wide smile, she shook her head, "I understand, Michikatsu-san! I already know what's coming. Douma wasn't the one who walked in first, after all." She gave his head a pat, noticing just how raw the rope had rubbed her wrists. She wished she could free the man of the burden he had taken on, she could feel the shame and regret he held. She knew his reasons for becoming a demon. Nothing about him was hidden from her, so she could relate in a way. It was his decision, and now he regrets it... maybe... just maybe... she can help get him turned back into a human too...

Of course, that's if he wants to be turned into a human once more.

"He wants to tie you to a pole, as if you were a witch, are you really okay with that?" The demon asked with surprise hidden well in his tone.

(Y/N) just shrugged, "I can mark it off of my bucket list after wards, so no. I don't really care."

"Do you... have a lot of things on you bucket list?" He asked, a bit curiously.

She gave a confused expression before smiling widely once again, her eyes closing. "Not really, but there are a few things on there..." she sheepishly replied while Kokushibo undid the rope that tied her to the wall that was stained with her blood.

"Like what? I've never really thought about creating one..."

"Hm? Oh, well, for starters... I want to find my own home... and start a family with the man I love... but, the one thing I want to accomplish most right now, is to help you be happy." He turned his gaze towards her, the smile on her face almost angelic. He backed away and held his hands out to help her up, being there for support if her legs weren't in the shape to walk on their own.

"Why would you care about my happiness? Aren't we enemies?"

She chuckled, "more like frenemies. And you're family. Someone whose been suffering for more years than I could imagine suffering for. You have barely smiled for the entire time I've been here, and I can feel the regret and sadness of your thoughts... how could I not want to see you be happy...?" She wondered more to herself. It seemed that the longer she was here, the more she spoke to herself than anybody.

She put her hands in his, allowing him to lift her to her feet, keeping her steady as she stumbled a bit to begin with. "I see, well, I hope you can accomplish that, although it's highly unlikely." He replied helping to keep her steady as he led her out of the room, taking her to the first place she had been, the place her father was killed.

When she arrived, she noticed Muzan sitting in a thrown like chair, with a nice view of an oddly placed pole. 'So he wasn't joking about the witch part... how lucky of me~' she sarcastically told herself, an irritated smile on her lips as Kaigaku tied her wrists together and around the pole.

"Couldn't you sandpaper it? Geez, such unrefined and revolting wood work." She cooed, hoping to get a rise out of Muzan.

He only smiled, leaning his cheek onto his fist, "Only the worst for you, dear (L/N) (Y/N)."

Out of the fighters spirit reflex, she went to launch herself towards him, forgetting her wrists were bound to the wooden pole. "How lovely, I wouldn't want anything more."

The conversation died down as (Y/N) laid her head against the pillar she was bound to. "This is ironic really. You're one of the strongest pillars... and yet here you are, helpless and tied to that pillar. Quite a fitting way to be tortured, oh the irony of it all." He cooed, before his eyes landed on Kokushibo who was ready to do as tasked. "Go ahead, Upper Moon One, Kokushibo. Torture your little frenemy." He chuckled wildly, basking in each ironic part of it all.