35 : Kyojuro,- no wait- SURPRISE!!

A/N: okay, I'm really sorry that this didn't come sooner. It's an important chapter, and honestly, I've had better days... it's almost 1 am as I'm writing this, and power has been out for a few hours, not to mention I've been scrubing my walls... anyways! Hope you enjoy!

After the nightmare conversation was over, you hurriedly left Kyojuro to do his own thing and went to go speak with the Corp members the other pillars were training. You wanted to make sure everything and everyone was ready.

When you were done visiting the other pillars, you went to the Rengoku Residence to check on Senjuro and Shinjuro. Upon arriving, you could hear both Tanjiro's and Kyojuro's grunts and wooden swords.

"Well, great." You huffed, and snuck in quietly, not alarming either. Thankfully, Tanjiro already knew you were coming so when he smelled you, he wasn't shocked and focused on training. You walked through the familiar house, finding the kitchen where Senjuro most likely would be.

"Oh, Snowball! I was getting everything ready, is it still a go for tonight?" He spoke happily, probably the happiest you've ever heard the young boy.

You hummed in response, touching an old vase that had been there long before Shinjuro, "Of course. I just wanted to make sure everything was ready for tonight. Is Shinjuro-san in his room?"

Senjuro's smile fell slightly as he looked away, "I wouldn't go in there today, Snowball..." hearing the heartbreak in his voice made you kneel down placing a hand on top of his head with a bright smile.

"Don't worry! He's coming out whether he likes it or not." You chuckled and clenched your fist to demonstrate your resolve. Senjuro only chuckled and continued what he was doing before you came in.

Senjuro had begun to worry you about Shinjuro, so you hurriedly walked to his room and knocked lightly. It wasnt long after you saw the door slide open slowly, revealing a tired looking father. "Oh, (Y/N). Pleasant seeing you here. Come for another pep talk, kiddo?" He asked, obviously lacking in sleep.

You chuckled and gently pushed him towards his futon, "No, not exactly. I came here to tell you Kyojuro's party is tonight. I wanted to know if you'll still make it, since I'm sure he would want you there..." you trailed off, not wanting to sound like you're not giving him a choice.

"I'll be there, kid. Don't worry." He smiled, beckoning you to do the same.

"Just rest up, okay? I'll have Senjuro wake you up when it's time to start leaving." You smiled and stood up, excusing yourself from his room. Walking down the hall, you focused on the sleeve fabric of your standard uniform then ran into something sturdy and hard, falling onto your butt. Not knowing what you ran into, you looked up and found a curious looking Kyojuro.

"What are you doing here, Snowball? Were you speaking with father again?"

Since the party was a surprise, you tried playing it off nervously. "What? Pshhh, of course not. I was just in the uh area and wanted to, um, y'know, say hi to Senjuro. So uh, yeah." You put a hand on the back of your head, the other one grabbing Kyojuro's who helped you up suspiciously.

"Okay..." he said, obviously not convinced.

"Look, just don't worry about it! But, please, Shinjuro-san looked tired so don't wake him, okay?" He smiled and wrapped his arms around your waist.

"Alright, sweetheart." He chuckled, both of you knowing how red your face was going to get. Defensively, you pulled both your hands to cover it only to feel Kyojuro kiss the top of your head. "You're so cute, (Y/N)." He chuckled and kissed the top of your head once more.

"K-kyojuro..." you whined, wiggling out of his strong grip. "S-stop it...!" Your face felt like it was about to explode, and you didn't want Kyojuro to see it but he thought it was the cutest thing on earth.