28 : Swordsmith Village

Kyojuro had left for an assignment, as well as Mitsuri, but you had yet to leave, though, and felt somewhat useless... but you felt like you needed to stay around for a bit longer. You could call it intuition, and usually you were right about these kinds of things.  With a small bite of your food, you heard someone yelling and got up to diffuse the situation. Approaching, you noticed Tanjiro along with Sanemi's little brother, Genya.

"Calm down, boys. I can't think while listening to all this racket. I'm sure our neighbors also find it annoying to eat under such circumstances." You scolded coldly. It somewhat scared Tanjiro at how much you changed when Kyojuro wasn't around... but really it wasn't Kyojuro's absence that left you ill tempered.

"Yes, ma'-"

"And who the fuck are you?! Now I have two annoying brats bothering me?!" Genya shouted, earning him an icy glare.

You sighed and leaned against the doorway, "You really do take after your brother, Genya-kun. Maybe I need to fix that attitude of yours before it gets you killed." You smiled, "Up for some late night training sessions?"

"I would end up killing a girl like you." Tanjiro tried to stop him from saying such things, but it only angered Genya more. "Get out!" He shouted and pushed Tanjiro out of the room, but you stood still.

"Fix your attitude and I might consider leaving." You blankly replied. He didn't want to touch you since you were female, but he didn't like you one bit.

"The hell does my attitude have to so with some weakling like you?! If you're here that means your sword was broken meaning you were too weak!"

You shrugged, "I came here to get a new sword design, not because mine broke. I also came here because the flame pillar wanted me too."

"So now you're using him as a defense?! Just get out and mind your own business!"

"No." You could seem the steam leaving his ears as veins started to pop out. He was getting furious while you remained stoic. You crossed your arms and stared at the man that was taller than you.

He grit his teeth, "Why do you insist on pissing me off?" He growled, but you shrugged it off.

"Seniors guide their juniors. That's how the world works. I'd rather not see you die because you gave the wrong attitude to someone. You have a lot of potential as Sanemi's brother and as your individual strength implies." You explained intimidatingly.

His expression changed suddenly at the mention of his brother's name, "How do you know my brother?" He asked curiously.

You looked shocked to say the least, "Wait, you're telling me you don't know? Eh?!" You shouted with embarrassment visibly appearing on your red face. "I'll leave then!" You turned and began walking, but he grabbed your wrist.

"Is he alright?! He's okay, right?!"

"That loud bastard? Yeah, he's perfectly fine. Like anything could kill that persistent and idiotic man. He's like a fly, you just can't get rid of him." You complained.

"Then, what did you mean by what you said?"

You sighed in a complaining way, "I don't like to complain, but your grip kinda hurts." He immediately go, "I'm your senior, that's what I meant. I'm surprised you didn't know I was a pillar."

His faced showed more confusion, "How old are you?!" He screeched.

"Just turned 18. Why? It's not like I did some extraordinary task."

He shook his head, "No, no... of course not... you just look younger than that... I thought you were younger than me... but I'm only 16."

You nodded understandably. "Alright, then. Well, I've been training since I was really young. Me and Kyojuro used to spar before he became a demon slayer... but..." you pulled your sword out revealing both it's strange shape and color. It was a mix of red, pink, and blue. The bottom was red and slowly faded to a blue with pink lines embedded into it like small white threads... only pink. It amazed the boy. "The color is why I wanted to change the design... not to mention it'd be better for my fighting style since it's changed from when I first had this sword forged years ago."