37 : The End of the Beginning (1)

A/N: I hate cars and driving more than a few hours in one- Anyways!! I'm finally back with more official chapters!! :D

Your eyes slowly fluttered open, adjusting to the harsh lights of the bright sun. Kyojuro was still asleep, his arms wrapped around you lazily. Slowly, you pried yourself from his arms, not waking him, and got dressed properly before leaving the room. The hallway was empty and quiet, letting you know not many people were awake. Your feet hit the wood floors quietly as you looked around for the boys, or even Nezuko.

Instead, you find yourself in the same room as the working Shinobu and Tamayo. How did you end up here? You didn't know. "Oh! You're awake, (Y/N)!" Shinibu called happily, visibly tired. You only nodded and sat down burying your face into your hands. "Is... something wrong?" She asked.

With a small sigh, you shook your head. "No... nothing's wrong... in fact it's perfect, right now... but... for how long? I wonder, why did father come back so suddenly? And why now? All the fighting has stopped, surely he couldn't have known that unless he was informed... do you think he could still be..."

"You shouldn't have to worry about it, (Y/N)! Leave the worrying to us, okay? We'll figure it out, just go spend time with your fiance." Shinobu's small smile only caused you to feel more worried.

You shook your head, "Go sleep, Shinobu."

"We're almost done, only a few more adjustments and the poison and other affects will be good to go. I'll sleep when it's finished."

"Then I'll wait until you sleep." Shinobu furrowed her brows and turned her attention back to the antidote and poison.

A few hours went by, you sitting there just watching Shinobu. It startled you when she suddenly shouted in glee. "Yess! I think I got it!" She pumped her fists into the air happily while you sat there and watched with a smile.

Suddenly, the door flew open revealing a very worried Kyojuro. "There you are-" he huffed, obviously relieved but also tired looking. A bead of swear rolled off his jaw and planted on the floor causing you to stand up and run to his side. "You had me worried something bad had happened-" he tried to catch his breath, slowly slowing his heart rate down.

"Calm down, I've been in here keeping Shinobu company while she finished." You reasoned, wiping some of the swear off his forehead with your sleeve. Out of nowhere, he laid his head on his shoulder, his arms wrapping around your waist and keeping you close while Shinobu chuckled behind you. Despite the red color in your cheeks, you ran your hand over his soft and messy hair reassuringly. "I'm sorry, for worrying you so much, Kyojuro..." he made a grunting noise as a response. You turned you head, silently asking for help from Shinobu who tried to hide her giggle.

"Alright, alright. As much as I love seeing you two being all lovey dovey, some of us need some sleep. So.. shoo." She referred to herself, Kyojuro lifting his head to see the sweet smile on her face. He gave a small nod and grabbed your hand, leading you out of the room, taking the hint.

You didn't know where Kyojuro was leading you until you reached the garden where he first confessed. "Kyojuro, seriously. You've been acting so strange, what's the matter?" You worriedly asked him as he just watched the wind sway the flowers, blowing their sweet aroma around the area.

At first, he stayed silent and refused to look at you. You figured he wouldn't answer... until he looked at you with overwhelming sadness. "Every night, I have the same nightmare, (Y/N). It started the night I proposed to you... and- and it feels so real... whenever I can't find you, it reminds me of that awful dream..."

You stared at him, surprise evident on your features. "Oh, Kyojuro..." you got on your tip toes, wrapping your arms around his neck to pull him close. "I already told you, I'm not going anywhere. By your side, always. Even if I'm unfortunate enough to lose my life, I'll wait for you, watch over you, Kyojuro. Don't look so sad, we'll definitely find each other in another life if we die in this one." You smiled while holding him close and staring at the bright blue sky.

He was silent for a moment before sighing, "Death doesn't scare me... That's not what I'm afraid of, Snowball..." his voice was threaded with guilt, you pulling away to look at his face.

A sweet smile covered your lips as you cupped his face. "Then what is it you're afraid of?" Your innocent question caused his gaze to fall from your face, trying to avoid reality. You sigh, laying your head onto his toned chest. "I'm not going to force you to tell me, Kyojuro. I understand not wanting to, so just know I'm here for you to lean on. I'm your support too." You beamed cheerfully.

A small chuckle left his mouth as he lifted you by the waist causing you to yelp. You both giggle as you leaned down and placed a small kiss on his lips. "I'm glad I have you, love. Just know you're my world. I'll go to the ends of the earth for you. I'll never leave your side, and if you're somehow taken from me, I'll definitely find you!" His cheerful voice rang through making the moment even more special. A small blush made it's way onto your face as you gaze at him lovingly.

"Don't worry, Kyojuro. I feel the same way. I couldn't live without you. I've said it before and I'll say it again, you're my sun, my reason for living and fighting." You giggled and locked lips with him once more, not separating until you heard someone clear their throat.

Kyojuro set you down, keeping his arms around your waist, as you came face to face with your father who was looking away with his fist covering his mouth.

"Sorry for interrupting... whatever that was-" he began, Kyojuro kissing your forehead and bidding you farewell, not really wanting to talk with him. "He hates me, doesn't he-?"

You smiled awkwardly and shrugged. "He just doesn't trust you-."

"You trust me, though, right?!" He interrupted you.

You gave another awkward smile along with making a strange sound. "Honestly? I have my doubts." You spoke truthfully.

Your father sighed heavily then smiled, stroking his chin hair. "Well, I can see why. Also, I approve of him. He's got guts." You raised a brow, beckoning him to continue and explain. "He threatened me the other day when you went to get dessert."

You chuckled, remembering his guilty expression. "Yeah, he told me. He thought I was going to scold him." You sat on a bench and watched your father do the same. "If I'm being honest, though... he's been worrying me recently." You confessed.

"He hasn't told you what's wrong?" Your father asked, seemingly to give some advice.

You shook your head, "he just told me he keeps having this nightmare that reoccurs every night. It started on the night he proposed to me... that's all he wanted to tell me." You explained, your father listening tentatively.

"Hmm... well, if it's a nightmare, it's probably about you."

You nod, "He told me that whenever he can't find me, it reminds him of the dream... so I assume I go missing in his dream..."

With another hum, your father closed his eyes and thought to himself. "Ah, okay. Well, either way, I don't see you just up and leaving him like that." He smiled brightly and gave your head a pat.

You gave a small smile in turn and nod, "Even if we were standing in a pit of fire, I would stay by his side!" You giggle cheerfully and stand up, ready to go find Kyojuro again. "Well, I should go find him before he starts to worry!" You turn to start walking when a rag covers your nose and mouth, keeping you from breathing. You tried to break free, but for some reason, the grip around you was stronger and held you into place as your vision got blurry and eventually went dark.

"Geez, kid. That was twice as long as a normal person. You sure do put up quite the fight." The deep voice of your father called as he picked up your motionless body.

Just then, Tanjiro walked into the garden, his attention falling on the man immediately. "Did something happen to (Y/N)?" He asked after he approached the suspicious looking man.

He just smiled, "She fell asleep, so I was going to take her back to her room." He lied.

"I'll walk with you!" Tanjiro offered, your father nodding and walking out of the garden. When they got to the front gate, Tanjiro suddenly blacked out after the man hit his neck hard enough. Quickly, he threw you over his shoulder, disappearing as if he had never shown up.

A/N: Fun shit right there-

Oh, and this may be a bit strange to ask, but do you prefer the number 1 or 2?

For me, I prefer 2 because I can't stand odd numbers unless it's 5. 🤦‍♀️