42 : Your Hell (4)

A/N: can I just say... Thank you for all the comments and votes! It means so much to me, I honestly didn't expect my story to get this far... but I mean, y'all have been nothing but kind ☺☺ your love for this story is what got me motivated to keep writing...

BUT OMG-

That is unbelievable for me, it makes me so happy! I really didn't expect this after so little time, it warms my heart, lovely readers!

So thank you so so so much, I really do appreciate each vote and comment 😍❤

But enough of that, let's get started on the update~

(Y/N) opened her eyes, her vision blurry as she could feel the rope tied onto her wrists and ankles. She tried to blink the blurriness away to get a better idea of her surroundings, only succeeding a little. Her lungs stung as she realized something was also tied to her throat, preventing her from moving far. It had kept her from breathing well while she was unconscious? 'How unsafe...' she thought before trying to sit up, failing once again when she felt someone's foot slam onto her head, threatening to crush her skull.

She inhaled sharply from the unexpected pain, but quickly went to make another snide comment. "Playing hide and seek, are we? Can you, whoever you are, remove your foot, I already have a headache."

"You're not in a position to be making commands, (L/N)." A harsh tone escaped the mouth of her captor.

A pained smile formed on her lips, "I'm not commanding, I'm asking." After a moment, she heard a grunt and felt the release of her head. "Am I allowed to guess who you are and why you had to knocked me unconscious? I have a clue of where I am."

"Oh, and where are we?"

"We're still in the same place, just a different room. What did he call it... oh, the infinity castle! We're still there, aren't we?" She was confident, and knew she was correct as soon as no answer came after. "You see, my vision may be obstructed, but not gone. Not to mention I've been laying on these floors for quite some time."

"Why won't you become a demon, (L/N) (Y/N)? Why are you being so stubborn, even in front of people stronger than you?"

She hummed, thinking to herself. "You're a young boy, or rather, were a young boy. Ah... probably older than Tanjiro and Zenitsu though..." she noticed the small irritated grunt the demon made at the mention of Zenitsu's name. Another hum.

"Just tell me why you're being so stubborn." He growled, obviously more angered than before.

And then it clicked. "Ah! I know who you are now! You're that young demon slayer that became a demon after an encounter with Upper Moon One! Now I know why you sounded irritated at Zenitsu's name, ahaha." She said cheerfully before suddenly reaching up and grabbing him by the hem of his shirt with a devilish grin. "You're no match for me, demon or not, boy." She choked out before falling back to the ground with a cough. "You must be the reason the former lightning pillar killed himself, and now here you are. Poor child..."

"JUST ANSWER THE DAMN QUESTION ALREADY, BEFORE-"

"BE. FORE. WHAT? YOU KILL ME? GO RIGHT THE FUCK AHEAD! WELL? I'M WAITING? THE HELL ARE YOU GONNA DO? I COULD STILL KICK YOUR ASS EVEN WITH THESE ROPES TIED AROUND ME, SO GO TRY TO FOOL SOME OTHER HELPLESS GIRL, TRAITOR-" She screamed back, not giving him time to do anything. Her face looked absolutely furious, despite her inability to see clearly. "Let me ask you, why did you become a demon? In fear of death? If that's the reason, why did you become a demon slayer to begin with? I understand why you would be scared. If I'm being truthful, I don't want to die either, but I refuse to become a demon and I will certainly fight death I'd that's what it takes to get back to my comrades and family. If I die here in this hell, so be it! I'll find them in another life, but what about you? Will you even be accepted in another life? You've turned your back on the corps, so don't think I'll treat you with any more respect than I do douma and Muzan."

"What about Upper Moon one? Do you respect him?" Kaigaku questioned suspiciously.

(Y/N) swore under her breath before taking a deep breath to calm her angered mind. "No, but he's family." The boy looked stunned by this and turned to a corner which (Y/N) figured had the highest ranking demon lurking. "Michikatsu-san may be a cold blooded killer, but he's been nothing but a friendly enemy with me. He's the one that helps clean the blood off my skin, the one that makes sure I eat. He's the one that whenever I even remotely think about slicing off his head my head pounds. Yoriichi-san really trusts his brother, so I trust him as well. I don'treapect his decision to become a demon, but people change. Even man eating creatures such as yourself." Kaigaku growled and ended up stomping away, Kokushibo revealing himself from the corner. "How long was I out? And why did you guys have to tie me up, it kinda hurts..." she whined to the stoic demon who nodded in return, along with a small shrug.

"Few hours." He only answered one question with no intention of answering the other. It discouraged her in a way, edging on one of her depressive moods.

Before she could feel that way, though, she remembered her necklace, searching anywhere she could reach for it, still not having 100% close vision. "Where is it...-?"

She got cut off by Kokushibo letting a golden necklace dangle from his hand, "Looking for this?" He asked in an indifferent tone. She gasped slightly and reached out to grab it, only to be held back by the tie around her neck causing her to turn around kick the wall where it was from. "Don't hurt yourself, here. Take it. I saw it when cleaning the other room, figured you might... want it back. Who's 'Kyojuro'? Isn't that who Alaza kept rambling on about?"

After having the necklace safe in her hands, she glanced away and shrunk towards herself, falling against the wall she had just harassed. "Someone important to me." She answered in a small voice, sounding like a scared child. "He lost his eye due to Akaza... so I'm not really a big fan of him." Kokushibo noted that it sounded like she was talking to herself more than to him and decided against asking more about this important person.

He couldn't explain it, but with each passing day he seemed to grow more fond of the young pillar he was tasked with keeping alive. Why was he the one asked to watch over her? He could only speculate.

"So, why did I get moved to a different area, is Muzan trying to make sure I don't get away? I don't really see how the ropes are necessary, though." She spoke up after a moment of silence between the two.

"The other room was luring in lower demons, so to keep you from dying due to their lack of control, we moved you to a safer location within the fortress. All demons other than upper moons and Muzan-sama are restricted from entering this side." He informed, almost sounding happily... but at the same time not.

Guiltily, she looked away, "oh, okay. Well, thanks, I guess. Might as well prolong my life for as long as possible, huh?" She chuckled fakely, trying to sound amused by her own statement but failing horribly. Heavy a sigh, she wondered out loud, "I wonder how much longer... you'll keep me alive."

Quickly, her eyes widen realizing she said that out loud, and so she tried to hide it behind dry humor, the demon not amused what so ever. In fact, he looked about ready to kill her, slightly frightening her.

"You should rest, good night." Kokushibo said quickly, leaving the room without another word. (Y/N) went to call after him, to stay with her longer, but she couldn't get the words out, afriad of sounding hopeless. She wasn't hopeless.

She had faith he would come.

No matter the cost.

Kyojuro would come for her.

But would she still be alive?
.
.
.
Only time would tell...

A/N: I'm releasing this on the same day just because I missed yesterday 😅😅 please do forgive me, but I hope you enjoyed!!