jt! | how you met!

"Y/n let's go!" Marta yelled from downstairs. "Coming!" I quickly grabbed my jacket and phone and ran down the stairs. I followed Marta out to her car and we drove to the Thrombey House. When we arrived the whole family was there, celebrating. Marta and I went upstairs and put our things down by her medical bag. "Okay, I am going to hang out with everyone. You stay by Meg, okay?" "Okay, fine." We went downstairs and I found Meg. "Hey!" "Hey y/n!" We hugged and talked for a few minutes. "I have to go grab something. I'll be right back." Meg disappeared and I was standing by myself, like an idiot. I decided to move somewhere else, maybe even just wait upstairs til the party was over. I started walking and I saw Jacob sitting at the foot of the stairs, eyes glued to his phone. I always thought he was cute but Meg said he was just an internet troll, Nazi kid. Meg knew I wanted to talk to Jacob and get to know him but she always warned me not to. That I would be disappointed when he wouldn't pay attention and just look at his phone. Meg wasn't around and neither was Marta so now was my chance. I walked up to the stairs. "Hi." "Hi," Jacob said, not looking up from his phone. I sighed. "I'm y/n Cabrera. Marta's sister." He looked up at me. I did something right. "I'm Jacob Thrombey. Harlan's grandson." "It's nice to meet you," I said. "Do you also help my grandfather with 'medicine'," Jacob said, using air quotes around medicine. "What do you mean?" "Are you and Marta both anchor babies?" I scoffed. "We're not anchor babies. Marta gives Harlan his medicine and I am kind of like an entertainer per say." "Oh, my grandpa hired a stripper. Nice to know." "You're disgusting. I read him stories or play board games with him. I'm a minor so I would never do that stuff." "Never know. Anyway, I better going." "Bye." I rolled my eyes and walked away. I walked around looking for Meg and she was by Marta. "Shit." I turned around and Jacob was there. "I thought you were busy." "Busy getting you out of trouble." Jacob grabbed my hand and pulled me up the stairs to his room. "What the hell." "Shh. You don't want Marta to know that you're with me, do you?" "Um." "That's what I thought." We sat by the door listening. Meg and Marta walked by and knocked on the door. I quickly hid behind the door and Jacob opened it. "Jacob, do you know where y/n is?" "Who?" "Y/n." "Oh. Uh, no." "Okay. Bye." He closed the door and I stood up. "I better get going. Thanks Jacob." "Yeah." I left his room and Marta and Meg were standing right there. "Hah! I knew it!" Meg said. "What we're you doing in there?" Marta asked. "Hiding. I talked to Jacob because Meg went to go get something and then I went to go look for Meg but she was with you and you guys were looking for me so Jacob helped me hide. I'm sorry." "It's alri-" "How many times do I have to tell you not to go by Jacob! He's nothing but trouble." "I'm sorry Meg. He's not that bad you know." "Whatever. We need to go get ready for dinner, come on."