jm! | how you met!

a/n!
like i said before, y/n and jaeden always knew each other so this will be an imagine of the first meaningful family/friend gathering. also i don't know any of his cousin's name, that would be weird if i did, so i'm making them up!
age! - him! 14; you! 11

I walked into the kitchen and saw my parents getting their stuff together. "Mom, I'm ready to go." "Okay. Let's go!" We all walked out to the car and drove to Jaeden's aunt's house. We always did a get together for Ms. Martell's, Jaeden's mom, birthday. My mom and Jaeden's mom are best friends. Jaeden and I have never been super close but we've known each other forever. I've always had a small crush on Jaeden but never anything major. We walked into the house and I saw Jaeden and his cousins. He smiled and I put my jacket down and walked over to him. "Hey," he said as he hugged me. He was so much taller than me. I hugged back, feeling so safe and comfortable in his arms. We let go and smiled at each other. "Okay, guys go hide. Angie will be back soon." All of us, the kids, hid under a big table. We all sat silently waiting. Then I heard someone whisper, "Now," and we all got out from under the table and jumped up. "Surprise!" "Awe. Thank you guys!" We all ate dinner together and then sang happy birthday and ate cake. After I was sitting by my dad while we listened to a story being told by my mom and Ms. Martell. Jaeden came up to me. "Hey, we're about to play a game. Want to join?" "Sure." I got up and followed Jaeden into one of his cousin's room. I was quick to notice it was all of Jaeden's older cousins, making me the youngest. "Okay, we're gonna play... Truth or Dare," Jaeden's oldest cousin, Callie said. She was 15. My eyes went wide. I was a pretty innocent kid and I only played it once before at a sleepover. I sat there hoping it would go the same way, only I wouldn't be dared to eat a toothpaste filled Oreo. "Okay, since Y/n is the youngest, you'll go first. Truth or Dare?" "Um. Truth." "Playing it safe. Okay. Do you have a crush?" "Yeah, I guess." "Oh my gosh! Who?" Jaeden's cousin, y/g/f/n, was one of my friends. "Do they go to our school?" "No. They're older-" I quickly stopped myself. "They're older? Let's play a little guessing game," Callie said. She pointed to Jaeden's cousins. I kept shaking my head no. "Then it has to be Jaeden." "Uh, no. He's not here." "You're face is red, you like Jaeden!" "No I don't!" I covered my face with my sleeves. All of his cousins were laughing. Jaeden moved my arm from my face. "Hey. Don't be embarrassed. It's okay." He hugged me again. I felt my face get redder so I just hid my face in his chest, causing him to laugh.