Chapter 5 - Baseball Bat

You were in your step-moms car.
You had just woken up, getting out of bed. Only to realize your legs were sleeping, so you fell to the hard wooden floor, face first.
So Jiyoung offered to drive you to school. She's an angel after all.

The memory of you and Taehyung talking about her made you sad.
She was only 15 back then. She was with a man who made her pregnant 4 times and just left her like that.
Now she's 35 and doing much better.

After all, she was there when your real mom couldn't be.
It isn't that you and your real mom aren't close, it's just she's so busy and rarely has time to see her daughter.

"We're here!" She sang to you.
"thanks for the ride." you walked out, crossing the street.
Looking back, you could see her waving at you.
You smiled and walked into the changing rooms.

-

You were tying your shoe, ready to get on the field.
This was your first P.E class. The first time to make an impression on the teacher.
"Everybody gather up! I'm Kwon, your teacher. Today it's a new start and I have to track how fast you can Finnish a 500 meter running track.
You start here, follow the track until you get back here. That's 500 meters already.
Others will be warming up in the meantime. Understood?" He said sternly. Everybody nodded.

-

'This is my chance to impress him.'
You thought while your body warming up. You had been warming up for a 20 minutes.

" Hello there." you quickly got away from the persons shoulder grip.
" Taehyung? What are you doing here?"
You held your shoulder, looking at him.

"Mark told me you were here, so I came by to see you." he smiled at you.
"GODdamnnn Mark." you mumbled.
"Y/F/N. You're up!" Kwon's voice interrupted your conversation abruptly.
You quickly ran over to him.
"Okay, all you gotta do is run the 500 meters as fast as you can. The record's 1:19 seconds." You nodded in return.
"Ready, set, go!" Then you sprinted off.

Taehyung POV

I am mesmerized by how fast she is.
Before I knew, she was already gone.
"Wah, she's amazing!" I said impressed to the guy next to me.
The guy realized who I was and quickly walked away in fear.

Then I spotted her a again, close to the line. I walked over to the teacher, ready to greet her.
"1:25 seconds. Congratulations Y/N. That's the fastest female record."
Kwon complimented her and went away for another student.

I wrapped my arms around her protectively. This was nice.
"I'm so proud of you. You're the best."
I looked down at her, cupping her cheeks.
"It's just... I only needed 7 seconds to beat the record. I was so close." she looked disappointed.

'Don't be sad, baby.'

"1:25, not bad. I'm Kihyun, I have the record." a guy approached her.
Tall, but not as tall as me.
Light brown hair, black eyes and a mole located right above the peak of his eyebrow.

"But it could have been better, you know." the way he said that had such an arrogant and mocking undertone. It really threw me off.
"I mean, you're a girl so you can't be fast." he added. Y/N looked confused at him.

'That's it.'

I let go of my baby and walked over to the activity box and grabbed a wooden baseball bat.
As I picked it up, I saw an Iron baseball bat.
I smirked, grabbing the iron bat instead and walked over to them again.

"Y/N, don't look." I gently turned her around, Making her look in another direction.

Then I swung the bat.
It hit him perfectly in the face.
Knocking him backward.
He fell to the ground and I hit him repeatedly everywhere.
In the face, on the arms, legs and torso.
I felt Y/N's small arms trying to pull me away.
Finally the teacher came, pulling the bat away and getting me on the ground.

-

"WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING? YOU KNOCKED HIM UNCONSCIOUS AND BROKE SEVERAL OF HIS BONES!"
The principal had completely lost it.
"He was being sexist, so I punished him." I answered back unbothered.
He sat down on his chair.

After the incident, I had been pulled up to the principal's office for a talk.

"Taehyung, you need to see that psychologist. You're not doing well.
Your parents are not go-" I grabbed him by the collar and almost pulled him across the table.
"You don't say shit about my parents, you fucking cunt!" I let go him and left.

'I hated to admit it, but was true. My parents are terrible.
The principal couldn't just expell me either. He knew that this high school is all I have now.
So his only option now is to get me to a psychologist, but I don't want to.
The only one I want is Y/N.
She's my baby after all...'

End of chapter 5.