Chapter 10 - Home

He was practically attached to you by now.
Clueless of the time that went by, you stood there comforting him, still filled up confusion.

You were a little uncomfortable by now.
Not by the sadness , you liked comforting a sad person. You always had.

It was his height.
'You're so tall, it's dumb' you slapped yourself mentally, because of your thought.
But standing on your toes for several minutes, wasn't really an euphoric experience.

He quietly pulled back, still sniffling.
"Can I come with you home tonight?
"Of course." His question did come as a shock, but you did what was right.

"Let's do something today." His smile returned, but it wasn't as bright as before.

-

"That's not fair. Let me try again!" You put the money in the machine, determined to actually win this time.

You had been playing arcade games with Tae for hours now, not a single win for you, but you kept playing, desperate for at least one win.

Competition did bring out your worst side. Money and time didn't matter any more, just beating the tall man was your goal.

"And you just keep going, don't you?" he was clearly impressed by you.
Huffing at him, before starting the game. He realized the girl didn't intend to give up, so he decided to let her win.

"Yas, finally!" You sprung up from your chair, dancing in victory.
"Now we can leave." After leaving the
Arcade building, you both realized the sun was setting.

"It's time to go home. Come with me." He followed right next to you.
Every now and then, he'd glance at you, finding the height difference unbelievably adorable.

-

"I'm home." You unlocked the door and entered with Tae behind you.
Jiyoung walked into hallway to greet to, only to stop after spotting Taehyung.

"Uhm, hi, I'm Jiyoung. Y/N's stepmom and you are...?" She trailed off, clueless on what to say next.
"I'm Kim Taehyung." He bowed politely to her like she was pure royalty.

"He needed a place to stay for tonight, so I let him stay here." She was proud to here of your kindness.
"I'll show my room." You looked at him, walking up the stairs."

-

Taehyung POV.

I was laying on her soft bed with Byeol. In real life, he was quite cute.
I sat up looking around, while Y/N was in the shower.

I spotted small polaroid pictures on her desk. I walked up and grabbed them.
Some where of her alone.
Others with her friends.

'I don't care for Yeri.
It's obvious Kai likes Yeri, but I still don't like him near her. And then Mark... That piece of fucking shit.
I hate him, he's too close to her.'

My thoughts disappeared when I spotted a picture of her in bikini, side hugging Yeri. They appeared to be on a beach.

I ripped the part with Yeri on it off, throwing her in the bin, located next her desk.
Now, only Y/N was on the picture.
I smiled and put in my back pocket for... 'Research.'

I got back on the bed, just as Y/N came in. Ready to sleep.
She layed beside me. The space was tight, especially because of the dog, but I wasn't complaining.
The closer, the better.

-

It was late and everyone was sleeping, well except for me.
It's distracting to be so close, but still incapable of holding her tight.

I chose to ignore the fear and hold her.
My snaked under her waist, pulling her closer.
My heart was out of control right now. "Tae?"
'Fuck.' I was dying inside.

"Can I tell you something?" she couldn't see anything. Her head was on my chest.
"Yes." I was dying. What would she say.

"Could you perhaps loosen your grip a bit? I can't breathe."

Relief...

End of chapter 10.
(Also, thank you so much for a 100 reads. I am really glad you like my story and want to read it. I hope you  a good day, and thank you again😊)