Chapter 29 - Confrontation

"Taehyung?"

The black haired man stopped dead in his tracks. His resting frown curved into a smile after recognizing your face.

3 months. 3 months was nothing, but it still managed to make his frame unrecognizable.
From the thin stick figure, a buff and muscular had replaced what you remembered.

It wasn't bodybuilding muscular but his muscles were visible, and it weirdly fitted his powerful features. Otherwise, nothing much had changed, except the charcoal black hair had grown.

Before your rationality could get you, Taehyung had his larger hand wrapped around the skin of your upperarm.

In an almost unknown soft voice, he spoke up. "I'm so happy to see you again, I thought I'd never would again."

"It's crazy how little you've changed, since I last saw you," his eyes boldly went down to your dry lips. "Compared to how much I changed..."

His thumb caressed your arm, sending uncomfortable goosebumps around your skin.

His black shirt tucked into the camouflage pants had amazingly showcased his powerful physique.
"What are you doing here, Taehyung?"

It didn't make sense, you'd been told Taehyung would've been sent to a special school to care for his problems not a military.

"Why don't we talk about that inside my room?" He casually smiled.
Before a silent moment to answer at, he pulled your arm with him.

-

"They sent you here?" You half yelled at the older boy who only responded with a nod.

"I was told you'd get help with your problems, not be sent in a military." You sighed frustrated, sitting down next to him on the bunk bed.

"I thought so too, but I guess not."
He scratched his neck as the silence hovered over the room.
"That's bad." As the anger in you had boiled down, everything became rather uncomfortable.

"Sooo," his voice lingered not really knowing what to say. "When will your mom give birth?"

"About the 5 to 6 months, I think." Your mind drew a blank as you tried to recall when you had told him about your future sibling.

"That's great." A thick tension was between the two of you. So thick, if it had color nobody would be able to see anything at that.

After a couple minutes that felt like hours of silence, he broke the silence with a deep sigh, staring out in the room that was almost identical to the room Alex showed you.

"Are we really going to ignore the elephant in the room?"
"eh?"
"Why did you escape the hotel?"

Then it all came back to you.
The night something almost happened but a realisation had you running into the bathroom, out the window, down the pipes, out in the dumpster and back home.

In other words: instead of having confronted him after, you had 'pussed' out and escaped. Not to mention how it was Mark and Kai who got your things back from Taehyung.

"I'm sorry about that. I was an idiot." You stuttered under a heavy breath, not really knowing or wanting to address the situation.

"It's fine. I just want to know why you don't wanna be in a relationship with me."

End of chapter 29.
(I've begun to realize how little this ff shows the characters problem I wrote in the introduction, so I apologize for that.)