Chapter 31 - It's A Date

Waiting for your step-brother to leave, you pulled the black device out of your back pocket. The light reflecting onto your already smiling expression.

Alex: Meet me at the Cafe, next Friday around 5 pm😊

Sure👍 :Me

It had definitely taken you by surprise when it was actually Alex who asked you out and not you, so since you got home you kept re-reading his message with the details. It kinda felt surreal to you.

Seeing how much Alex had matured in the matter of 12 months, could have you weak to your knees. Now you just had to wait a couple of days to see him once more.

Returning the phone back where you'd pulled it out, tiredly marching upstairs to the small but cozy bedroom.

---

Gently crossing your arms and massaging your forearms, wasn't exactly doing God's work at keeping your warmth body temperature.

'Who the hell would even wear a pathetic cardigan on such a cold day?'

You angrily mumbled to yourself, lips quivering, goosebumps everywhere, wanting nothing more than to enter the suddenly very tempting looking Cafe you were oh so familiar with by now.

Pulling out the electronic device for the thousandth time to check the time.

5:23, and he still hadn't arrived.

Sighing deeply, you put the phone back in the fabric pocket of the seemingly useless cardigan.

Having felt particularly special today, you'd made the mistake of exchanging your normal T-shirt and jeans out with with a white cardigan and a knee long, baby blue dress, without checking if the weather would be cold and grey.

So of course, having someone you were pretty fond of be late was a giant slap in the face for you.

Slowly giving in, you didn't want to greet Alex at the entrance anymore and finally did what you should've done a long time ago; gone inside.

'He better have a good excuse for this one.'

You slumped down in chair at a 2 person table, the warmth slowly calming your nerves.

You shouldn't jump to conclusions already.

The sound of a bell had your head turn to the glass door.

Finally...

His eyes roamed around the room, then connecting with yours. He smiled and strolled towards you.

"I'm so sorry, something came up at the military and they needed my help a-and I couldn't get to my phone, so-"
"It's fine."

You interrupted his nervous rambling.
He sighed looking down at the ground, definitely not very proud of being late.

"It's fine really. Just sit down." you rubbed his forearm, smiling pleasantly at him.

End of chapter 31