Chapter 30 - Threat

Little trigger-warning: Brief discussions of a dark subject.

"It's fine. I just want to know why why you don't wanna be in a relationship with me."

Your breath hitched at his question. What was supposed to only be one simple question felt like the hardest challenge to put yourself out with.

"I... Um..."

Your fingers tapped the semi-hard mattress - It clearly wasn't a very expensive one.

But he was right, what was holding you back? Nothing...

And before a chance to carefully plan your excuse, words flew out of your mouth.

"B-because you need help."

His gaze turned to your frame in shock.

"What are you saying, y/n?"
His voice trembled, probably hoping this some sort of sick prank.

"I'm sorry," you mumbled "It's just you're too violent and insecure. It's not normal."

When you were done there was nothing but the tormenting silence between the 4 walls. It was hellish.

"But I can change." He grabbed your forearm, his eyes filled with pure desperation looking into your eyes.
"Please. Just one chance." He continued.

Why was Alex taking so long?

But the worst part? You didn't know what to say.
And as if God had heard your prayers.

"Y/N?" Alex' muffled voice rung throughout the hallway.
"I need to go now." you quickly got up and walked towards the door.

"Y/N, wait!" you stopped at the angry voice behind you.

"You might have given up on me, but I'm not giving up on you. I don't know who I am and without you here, I'll end up lost!"

"The more you ignore me, the more I'll end up fucking hurting myself!"

You whimpered at the sudden 180-like mood change.

Too scared to look back now but you could already feel the raging eyes piercing through your skull like lasers.

The tension was like a thick black fog in the room. Your hands trembling on the doorknob and your legs stood steady on the ground completely frozen.

Your heart skipped a beat when you heard the footsteps behind you.

Not being able to take more, you pulled the door open, quickly got out and slammed it in its place again.

-

"Wow. He sounds fucking crazy, man." he casually smirked, pouring the hot water into the baby blue cup, amused by your story from earlier today.

"I know." you sighed, resting your face on the cold marble plate.

"You really dogded a bullet there." he finally turned around, only to see your upper body laying on the island counter.

Seojoon sighed and grabbed the cup.
"you'll be fine, that Tae guy was just trying to scare you. But hey didn't you get a date with... What was his name again?"

"Alex?" you lifted your head.
"Alex was his name!" your stepbrother smiled.

"Yeah, you got a date with Alex so it didn't go too bad then," he shrugged.

"Anyway, I have to help mom and dad with the baby room and you should go to your soccer practice now." He patted your shoulder and left the kitchen with the cup newly brewed tea in one hand.

End of chapter 30.