Chapter 26 - Military

Pressing the slender ring finger down on the oak table, your vision wandered over to the well-dressed man in front of you.
He was using the same old, boring teaching technique as always. It probably was just his routine by now.

After 34 years of teaching annoying teenagers how to use math, the day probably wasn't exciting and unpredictable.

Feeling something pressing on your shoulder, had you turn to look at your seat mate, Yeri. she teasingly poked your shoulder.
Not feeling in the mood for mischief, you decided to be productive and focus on the lesson instead of Yeri.

Walking out of the half empty classroom, Yeri followed up on your pace. "Are you okay? You seem pissed." You shrugged.
"It's been 3 months since you last saw him. Mark and Kai got you your phone back but you still seem pissed."

"I'm fine. Really." You huffed at the concerned female.
"Let's go for lunch then." Yeri tried to switch the subject, before it'd turn awkward and tense.

She pulled you along to the cafeteria.
It was same before, except a table in the middle had been replaced new and different table. That table was blue and polished.
The others were Grey and used with the colors slowly chipping off after years of usage.

A small memory had you realize why there was new table placed on that spot. The exact same spot Taehyung had beaten up your best friends.
Not wanting to think about it, your eyes fell back on Yeri.

"There you are!" She laughed, noticing the two familiar boys quietly eating at a table Running towards them, you followed up right behind her, not wanting to eat alone.

Reaching the table, Yeri's voice filled your ears.
"What are you talking about?" She dragged her words as she sat down.
Following her simple motion, Kai spoke up.
"Me and Mark were thinking about going to the military and say hi to my brother. Wanna join?"
You nodded slightly.

After that, a long conversation you couldn't quite what was about began.
The only thing that caught your attention was Kai's constant flustered gaze on an oblivious Yeri.

In other words, he was staring at her. He had been for a while now. When Yeri's eyes wasn't on him. His was on her, in an admirable way you secretly wanted someone to look at you with.
There was something about being loved you wanted.

You pushed your desires away and averted back to the conversation.

-

Tapping your feet on the ground, you hand tightened around Yeri's.
The building in front of you was surrounded by tall metal. It wasn't a very aestheticly pleasing vision, rather rough and sad looking.

Mark was next to you, doing nothing, while Kai was showing a guard his ID to have you enter the base.
It was a special visit-day and since Kai had an older brother in there, he wanted to see him again.
He looked back at you, signaling it was okay to enter.

End of chapter 26.
I want to make it clear that I am not trying to sexualize any idols, especially Kai as he's underage in real life and Y/N (Even though she's fiction, she's written as 17 year old that's still underage.) or anyone else in this fanfiction. They might be adults in real life, but my story they are underage so please don't think I'm sexualizing anyone.