Prank Day (Part 1)

Today was one of Pop Village's favorite holidays; Prank Day.

When Poppy got outside, Pop Trolls were already playing pranks on each other, from a pie in the face to being covered in TP.

Poppy had also invited some of the Trolls from the other tribes to participate. She explained how Prank Day worked, "The idea of Prank Day is for both the Prankster and Prankee to share some laughs. We don't take the pranks personally because pranks is just what happens on Prank Day."

Barb asked, "So, I can play any prank I want without consequences?"

Poppy replied, "Pretty much, But, no one has ever gotten me. And I'm pretty much the Prank Master of Pop Village."

Trollex then said, "Maybe, but I'm pretty good at spotting pranks before they happened. I'd like to see you try and get me."

Poppy grinned and said, "I don't think I want to. And here's a plate of cookies to prove it."

Trollex took a cookie and sniffed it, "Salt in the cookies? Nice try, Poppy."

Trollex then headed over to his DJ set and said, "I guess my cleverness deserves a little music."

But once he put his right hand on the set, he felt a little squish. He tried to step away from the set, but couldn't. He looked down and saw his hand was glued to the set.

Everyone snickered as Trollex looked at Poppy and said, "Glued to my DJ set? That was your prank?"

Poppy replied, "Yep, pretty much."

Trollex then sarcastically said, "On, no. I guess I'll have to play more music."

Poppy made an evil grin and said, "Why don't you?"

Trollex pressed a button, but all he heard was 'Quack'

He pressed another and heard 'Moo'

Another went 'Bark', then 'Baa', then 'Meow'

Everyone laughed and pretty soon, so did Trollex, "Alright! Gluing me and reprogramming my DJ set! That's actually a pretty good one!"

Poppy replied with, "That's right. I know my pranks and I mean it when I say no one can actually get me."

Just then, a bucket of frosting fell on Poppy's head. Everyone gasped.

"Frosting?"

Tiny Diamond was like, "Ooh, girl, somebody pranked you good."

Branch was standing aside and asked, "Hey, does anyone hear a kitten? Because Poppy just got purr-anked."

Poppy was not thrilled, "Branch."

Trollzart asked, "You're into Prank Day?"

Cooper added, "Yeah, I took you for more of a Crank Day kind of guy. If that was a thing, which is not."

The Funk family laughed at that remark.

Branch just said, "Guys, your Majesties, please. I love Prank Day. It requires stealth, ingenuity, and cunning. It's like the holiday was made just for me; The true Prank Master. Later."

Poppy stopped him, "Whoa, whoa, whoa. You are not the Prank Master, rookie."

Branch replied with, "Sure I am. After all, I'm always one step ahead of you."

Poppy said, "You got lucky once, but I assure you, it won't happen again."

Branch pressed his remote and another bucket of frosting fell on her head.

Branch shouted, "Ha ha! Prank Master!"

Poppy then said, "I bet that by the end of this day, I can prank you insanely hard, Branch."

Branch just replied, "It would have to take a huge amount of Trolls to prank me."

King Quincy said, "Maybe that'll happen."

Barb said, "Ooh, I feel a challenge coming up."

***

Every ruler and Branch got up on the mushroom in the middle of Pop Village and made an announcement in front of the other Trolls.

Poppy started, "Trolls, your leaders are going to take part in what could be the biggest Prank War in Troll history!"

Everyone said, "Oooooh."

Branch continued, "Yep, even though I'm obviously going to win, I would like to see you all try."

The leaders looked insulted.

King Quincy started explained the rules, "Ok, it's gonna be all of the leaders in a single team against Branch alone because he thinks he can handle all of us."

Delta continued, "But, since this is mostly a Pop Troll holiday, Poppy can be the team captain."

Trollex added, "She will come up with pranks for all of us to try to prank Branch."

Branch then added, "Sounds good. However, what's a competition without a chance of elimination? You guys are gonna try and prank me and I'm gonna count you all as an individual player, like a game of dodgeball. That means if I prank you first, you're out. Any questions?"

When no one answered, Poppy shouted out, "Let the Prank War begin!"

But then, Guy Diamond came up on the mushroom and said, "This sounds like fun, but I want you all not to remember not to take the pranks personally. Like Smidge did."

Everyone shuttered.

Branch asked, "Wait, what happened with Smidge?"

Guy answered, "It was on Prank Day many years ago."

***

*Flashback to everyone eating pancakes*

"The day started so well- a pancake breakfast and a classic prank."

Smidge tried to pour sugar on her pancakes, but the lid fell off and her pancakes were covered completely in sugar. Everyone started laughing. She was not happy.

"But it ended in horror."

Picture a scene of Pop Village burning down.

***

Everyone but Branch had fire in their eyes, literally," I don't know how you're all doing that with your eyes, but Smidge didn't burn down the Village."

Poppy responded with, "That's what is felt like. But, don't worry, Guy, we won't go all Smidge."

Branch said, "That's right because they know better than to mess with the Prank Master."

Poppy angrily said, "We'll show you who's the Prank Master."

*Beep* A bucket of frosting then fell on Trollzart's head, "Oh my goodness!"

Branch said, "It's me! Also, Trollzart's out. I suggest you all watch your backs, because I'll get you when you least expect it."

When Branch left, Poppy turned to the other leaders and whispered her plan for getting Branch.

Barb was all like, "Sick plan! He'll never see it coming."

***

They started the plan in Poppy's pod, "This will be our base. This plan will require walkie-talkies and special video bugs."

Poppy took out enough walkie-talkies for everyone and two bugs. One bug was the size of a fly with camera lenses for eyes and the other opened its mouth to reveal a video screen inside. Everything the camera bug saw would show up on the other's screen.

Poppy then started preparing the others for the plan, "Ok, the first thing we need to do is...."*Whispers*