betraying friend x male reader

Marie's POV

It was a bright Monday morning and I was on my way to school. as i walked i saw a lot of kids going to school as well, most of them we're going with a friend or in groups, but I was going alone.

I always had trouble making friends due to my lack of social skills, but even with that there is one person who always is with me, that being...

"Marie wait!!"

(Y/N), ever since 3rd grade we have been friends and he never leaves my side, he's nice but i wish i had more friend's, i actually want to be popular but that's something i discovered to be hard.

"(Y/N)? Why where you running, we still have half an hour till school start's"

"*pant*But when i was looking out the window *pant* i saw you were already heading *pant* to school"

"I told you tons of times now to not rush, we always see each other in school"

"I know, but your my best friend, i would never let a second go to waist"

"Well now that your here lets go, first day of us being in high school is the day ill be popular"

"Sure it will, just don't get your hopes up"

"Shut up, maybe it will happen"

As we made it to school we went to find my locker first to get stuff ready.

"You know (Y/N), i wish i had breakfast before i left"

"I though you might say that, so i came prepared"

(Y/N) got out a small milk carton and gave it to me

"Thanks (Y/N) your a life savor"

I was going to put the straw in the box but someone closed there locker so loud it made my grip tighter and accidentaly soaked (Y/N) in milk.

"(Y/N) IM SORRY, I DIDN'T!..."

"Its ok marie, accidents happen"

"Your not mad then?"

"Why would i, we're friends since forever, so a little milk won't break our friendship, but i do have to clean myself so ill see you later"

"Ok, bye (Y/N)"

I still feel guilty about the milk but (Y/N) never gets mad for little things like this, its no surprise why we where friends for so long now.

As i closed my locker some one talked to me from afar.

"Hey"

I saw it was Jazmin spears, the most popular girl in school, she was a person (Y/N) doesn't look up to and i wonder why, she's everything i wish i could be.

"I saw you spilled milk at that guy and it was hilarious, and the way he just walked away, was he proposing to you or something"

"WHAT!!!"

"Yeah i thought so, who would date a guy like that"

"Wait but i only"

"Its ok girl i know how it is having every guy wanting you cuz of your status"

"Umm... by that you mean im pretty?"

"Maybe but hey, wanna hang out with me, anyone who rejects that way is always allowed to hang with me"

As i heard this i was getting exited in my head 'Jazmin, the most popular girl wants me to hang out with her'

"YES!...um i mean sure"