friend x male reader

"ugh, I can't believe we have to do another play again" I complained with my head on my desk

"Oh come on (Y/N), you gotta admit that acting looks fun, dressing up as someone else and pretending to be someone you aren't" Avril said trying to cheer me up

"Yeah, especially when it's up to us to take care of the set before the day comes"

"Well, why don't you try to take an acting role for once, I'm sure you'll do great playing as the star"

"No thanks Avril, the last time I  was acting was when I had a grumpy dwarfs part in first grade, and everyone wouldn't stop calling me grumpy for the whole school year"

"Right, I forgot about that, you did look cute in the costume thought"

"Besides, even if having to set up the backgrounds and stage is tiering, I don't mind since I have you to keep me company"

"Aww thanks (Y/N), But there's something about this year's play that-"

"Hey Avril" the class president said interrupting us

"Hi Sean, what brings you here"

"Not much, just here to say..." He said handing a script to her "... That you got the part"

"Wait, really?"

"Yep, you'll play as Juliette in the play next month, as for (Y/N) You'll be taking care of the settings of the stage again"

"Super" I said sarcastically

"Great, then good luck for the both of you" Sean said leaving, and before I could talk to Avril all the girls surrounded her, congratulating her for being the star of the show, and it was like that during what was left of school, but thankfully we we're able to talk on our way back home.

"So Avril, you decided to be in the play, I thought you're afraid of crowds?"

"Well, I wanted to face my fear and I thought to myself that I could do it in the play"

"Are you sure about this? You know this is a school right?" I asked worried

"Of course I know, it shouldn't be that hard to talk when I know most of the people in school" she said determined

"Bu-"

"Just believe in me, you'll be amazed when I act well as my character in front of everybody"

"... alright, I believe in you" I said making her smile "although I would have believed in you earlier if you told me this before"

"Yeah sorry about that, I just didn't knew if you be mad at me for not wanting to work with you"

"Well you sure a right about me being mad, I feel a little betrayed that my best friend didn't tell me she wanted to be in the play" I said pretending I was mad

"Yeah yeah, I'm sorry about that"

"But you can worry about that later, for now I suggest you start memorizing your lines"

"I suppose your right"

After that where made it to a crossroad, and we both took separate turns. Avril was quick to notice this.

"(Y/N) where are you going? our homes are this way"

"I know, but I'm going to the store to pick up some materials for the sets, just like last year remember?"

"Oh right, I forgot you where on set duty again, then in that case I'll help you out" she said heading my way

"No, it's fine, you do have to read your scripts and memorize it, which is harder then my job"