Chapter 20

I will be updating weekly now so make sure to add to your library to get the notifications!

S. A. A

                           °°°°°°°♧°°°°°°

"Wake up, it's time!" Ayla said in a sing-song voice and I opened my eyes, groggily, looking around the light filling the room.

"What time is it?" I asked croakily and Ayla let out a chuckle.

"A while after noon, you sure slept in today." She let out and I sighed heavily.

Last night, the dreams had come back with a vengeance, after having disappeared for 2 months. I couldn't sleep after; the nightmares had felt too real and I lay awake, looking into the darkness, hoping that sleep won't overcome me.

Slowly, I got up and grabbed my towel and toothbrush, making my way out the door. I also grabbed a perfumed oil that Ayla had instructed me to rub on to my body after washing.

"I'm going to have a wash." I called out behind me and Ayla let out a hum in response, continuing to brush her hair.

I tiredly trudged down the stairs to the first floor where the showering chambers were situated.

"Someone's finally awake." Arun teased as he walked past me down the stairs, carrying books.

"Shut it." I muttered, walking past, not feeling quite awake. I heard Arun laugh at this as he descended down the stairs.

Walking into the showering chambers, I shut the door with a loud thud.

***********

"What's this?" I asked, looking around at the plate of fruit and bread.

Ayla smiled from where she was on my bed, cross-legged as she picked up a piece of fruit before popping it into her mouth.

"What does it look like? I brought you breakfast. Well, more like lunch." She deliberated, a look of thought on her face and I smiled gratefully before settling myself down next to her.

"You didn't have to." I let out honestly and she rolled her eyes before picking up fruit and bringing it to my mouth.

I chuckled at her actions before taking a bite and relishing in the taste of food. Ayla spoke as we ate.

"The boys are leaving any minute now to help with any last minute preparations. We'll be leaving after we're ready." She explained and I nodded at her words before getting up and dusting my hands.

"Well, let's start, we don't want to be late." I finalised and she smiled before getting up also.

"I'll go put my dress on and I'll be back after that. Put on your dress first." She said hurriedly before leaving the room and shutting the door with an aching thud.

I turned my gaze to the dress draped across the chair. I hadn't spared much of a glance or thought to it, but now having to put it on, increased my anxiety.

I breathed out through my nose before removing my clothes, picking the attire up and slipping it over my head. Arun had taken everyone's measurements a week and a half ago and it was evident now when I pulled the dress down to it's full length just above my ankles.

It hugged my figure, tightening at the waist before flowing out. The halter neck was lace with strips of gold joining the material between my cleavage. I moved my leg forward to see a slit in the dress that travelled up to my right thigh.

I looked in the mirror in awe. Never once had I worn anything that I could call my own. But, standing now, looking in the mirror, I felt a warmth run in me. The dress hugged me perfectly like a second skin and I finally felt as though I wasn't just ordinary.