Chapter 51

I lost track of time in my daze of standing there. At one point, my legs felt as though they were going to give out, but Bomani told me to stay as I was.

So, there I was, stood facing a tree and thinking about a door. In the time, I had spent here, I had added many details to my door. It was black with a gold rounded handle. The keyhole was a star shape and the door itself was about 10ft tall.

I hopped from one leg to the other to relieve the pain, but the ache was beginning to build in both and I let out a sigh in frustration.

"Ustaaz!" I called to Bomani. At one point, I had called him by his name and he had flicked me in the forehead and told me to refer to him as Ustaaz.

"Yes, Hanna?" I heard his voice behind me and I breathed in sharply, not letting him see the irritation.

"I believe I've added as much detail to the door as I could. I'd be surprised if I don't see it in dreams at this point." I said curtly. I had wanted to say 'nightmares' instead of dreams, but bit my tongue.

"Is that so?" Bomani said and I nodded hurriedly, wanting the torture to end. The top of my head was so heated from facing the sun for so long and the back of my neck was damp now from being shrouded by hair for 2 hours. Bomani let out a small chuckle at my eagerness.

"Well, I guess that's enough of thinking of the detail." He concluded and I let out a sigh before moving to open my eyes.

"Uh uh, I never said you can open your eyes." Bomani said sternly and my eyebrows furrowed at his words.

"But you said-" I began but Bomani interrupted me.

"I never said to open your eyes; I merely said that imagining the detail is done." He started and I let out a sigh, feeling tired.

"So what must I do now?" I droned out to which Bomani let out a small chuckle.

"What you must do now, Hanna, is imagine that the door is in your control. Try opening and closing it, until you feel as though it can't object you." He instructed and I nodded with a sigh.

"You have 1 hour." He said and I let out another noise of protest, but I could already hear his shoes as he walked away.

I bit my tongue from screaming and thought to his instructions. After all, what else could I be doing now?

I could hear the laughter and fighting sounds of the group and I let out another sigh.

I could be doing that.

**************

"Hanna?" I flinched slightly at the sound of Abrax's voice as he neared me.

"Abrax, you scared the living daylights out of me." I said, putting a hand to my chest.

Abrax neared from the sounds of it and I could imagine him kindly smiling.

"I'm sorry to have frightened you. How are you getting on?" He asked sweetly and I smiled before pointing to my head.

"The temperature of my hair is a clear indicator." I joked, laughing when I felt Abrax's hand on my hair lightly before he let out a sigh.

"That's very hot." He commented and I raised an eyebrow at his words.

"I feel like I'm slowly being roasted." I drawled out and Abrax chuckled slightly.

"You know, I came to see how you're getting on because I was in that spot not long ago. I was equally as frustrated." Abrax explained and I smiled, feeling glad it wasn't just me.

"And, it helped your powers?" I asked, my tone drenched in hope.

"Yeah, within a week. I wasn't able to use my powers for 20 years of my life and, so, mine were also dormant. Ustaaz helped me channel them." He reassured me and I smiled, suddenly feeling a new sense of vigor and hope.