Chapter 33

I've uploaded again! Please make sure to like and comment if you enjoyed it!

I will be updating weekly now so make sure to add to your library to get the notifications!

S. A. A

                               °°°°°°°♧°°°°°°

I hummed slightly to myself as I dried my hair, looking to myself in the mirror. It had only been a few weeks of being here and I had already tanned slightly: my skin a golder tone that its usual one.

I got up when my hair was fairly dry before making my way to the cupboard, smiling when I opened it and saw my bag- the one I used to take to both school and university. It looked so familiar yet so foreign as though it belonged to me in a former life.

That was the case though.

Earth was, now, a former life; one that I had chosen to forgo. It was a decision that had yet to sink in and I feared for the day when it did; the day I would think back to what I had lost. I would eventually face what I had chosen to give up.

I shook my head at my thoughts as I plucked the bag up before shutting the cupboard door. I hadn't spared a thought to home for a while now and just the mere thought was making me panic, so I decided to steer away from the subject and thought only of where I was headed as I walked out the door.

I made my way down the now-familiar stairs and towards the training hall, humming as I did so. Today was my day off training, but I knew Emut would be there, as usual to his daily routine and that was the very reason I was headed to the hall.

I smiled at the thought of how happy Emut had gotten when looking at the cave to Earth; how in awe he was of it. It was only last night that I had the thought of taking my bag to him and letting him see the various things from Earth.

"Morning, Hanna." Abrax greeted me with a kind smile as he walked along the corridor, his battleaxe strapped to his back.

I smiled back, slowing my steps as we neared each other.

"Morning, Abrax." I said cheerily back to which he let out a small chuckle before raising an eyebrow.

"Looking for Emut, I assume?" He asked inquisitively and I nodded in confirmation, making Abrax smile yet again before he gestured behind.

"He's in the training hall." He directed to which I smiled, letting out a small 'thanks' as I walked past.

I opened the doors to the large training hall, the creak resonating across the hall as I looked around, my eyes landing on Emut's form as his back was to me. Smiling, I made my way over, nudging his arm when I neared.

"Hey!" I greeted him, watching as he turned around, smiling when he noticed who it was.

"Hanna." He greeted, his eyes warm and it was only then that I saw the large cut on his upper arm, the blood trickling down to his hand.

"What happened?!" I let out, dropping my bag callously on the floor and nearing him slightly. The sight of the blood was making me feel faint, but I repressed the urge, turning to meet his gaze sternly. He only shrugged with a small smile, his eyes looking to his wound casually.

"I was training with Abrax a moment ago; it's nothing." He said as though he had to reassure me and I tutted at his words before clasping a hand around his non-injured arm and pulling him along.

"What are you doing?" He asked and I rolled my eyes at his words before gesturing over to the small medicinal room attached to the training room. Emut followed my gaze before letting out a small noise of indignation.