Chapter 39

Anger.

I felt the red hot anger coursing through me as I looked to the people I had called 'family' for nearly 14 years. I had been in their care for as long as I can remember; constantly made to do their bidding. I had been fine with that; that I could excuse.

Yet, now it was different.

They had hidden details of what I had been given from my actual biological mother. I had been told all this time that I was given to adoption because no one wanted me; completely oblivious to what had actually happened. My mother had given me up to protect me, along with possible clues to helping me.

I breathed to relax myself as I eyed Debra. She watched me with arms folded, but even she was unaware of anything but my compliant nature. She had only seen the side that I had allowed her to. I bit back the urge to rage and, instead, spoke with levelled breaths.

"And, where would this gold be right now?" I asked quietly in a bid to keep calm. Debra was oblivious to this, shrugging purposefully, an angry smile on her red face.

"If I were to know, do you think I'd tell you, huh?" She said snarkily and Sierra smirked beside her, her nose scrunching up as she did.

I rolled my eyes at this. I was fed up with their duo team, trying to make my life hell. I had loved them and they had taken undue advantage of it. In a desperate need for answers and exhaustion over the drama, I moved closer to Debra abruptly.

Demir and Emut watched intently as I walked to her, an impassive look on my face. I recalled how many times she had used her size compared to mine to coerce me into doing work. I stood as close as she would, my eyes levelled with hers.

"Don't even think I'll tell you, Hanna. I'd rath-"

I cut her off by pulling her to me roughly by her lower arm. Richard moved in slightly at this, but the boys eyed him to which he halted. Debra let out a yelp at this before trying to pull back, a lock of shock on her face. But, my training had made me stronger. I held her in place as I spoke.

"I don't have time for games, Debra. Either you give me an address or you give me a good reason to stop them from finishing you." I bit out and both Sierra and Debra flinched back at the malice in my tone.

I heard Demir laugh slightly from behind me.

"And it needs to be a good reason; I'm not one to be easily persuaded." He said simply.

"Or to be persuaded at all, for that matter." Emut added, giving Demir a pointed look.

Fear emanated off the three at the boy's words as they looked to each other and then to me to see if I was joking. But, I wasn't as compliant as I was a month ago. It was evident now.

Debra gaped for a minute before stuttering out a response.

"The Handelsbanken building on Rutherford Court. It's in Vault 38, locker 719." She said finally, a quiet mutter and I nodded. Many a time, when I had gone to work, I would take a route that passed there. Little did I know then that the bank would hold so much importance to me.

I turned to the boys then, removing my grip on Debra who flounced back a few steps.

"I know where that is." I said and Emut nodded his head at this.

"Then, let's go." He commanded and I nodded in agreement before grabbing a backpack from the corner of my room. Last time I had left, I didn't even have time to grab anything; it had all happened so fast. But now, with the help of Demir and Emut, I'm able to retrieve these things. I placed the Polaroid camera into the bag, along with a couple of my products that I used, making sure to only grab the things I had bought with my hard earned money.