Chapter 48

I've uploaded again! Please make sure to like and comment if you enjoyed it!

I will be updating weekly now so make sure to add to your library to get the notifications!

S. A. A

                               °°°°°°°♧°°°°°°

" I think I know what Anouke is planning."

Tension filled the room after Negus's statement as we looked to each other.

"What is it?" Demir asked, leaning up slightly from his sitting position against the wall.

Negus let out a deep sigh before he gestured for Emut to pass the paper. Once he did, Negus looked it over again before letting his gaze slip to us.

"The key of persistence opens all doors closed by resistance. I believe your mother is relaying a very vital message in this line." He explained and my eyebrows furrowed at his words.

"Is it not just a metaphor?" I asked and Negus shook his head slightly as he looked to the parchment again.

"What if it is not? What if, she speaks of an actual door and an actual key? What would you say to that?" He questioned me and I processed his words with a small nod.

"I'd ask where to find this supposed key." I started simply and Negus shook his head yet again, running a hand through his white beard.

"You'd be asking the wrong question, Hanna. What you really need to ask is where does that door lead you." He finished and I raised an eyebrow at the odd answer.

"Okay, so where does it lead?" I asked in response and Negus nodded at my words before standing up and shuffling through a shelf behind his desk.

We all watched patiently as he retrieved a small ceramic box before seating himself down. He looked around slightly as if to check for prying eyes before he looked back to us, a solemn look on his usual wistful face.

"When the Gods had left the world, they had left to reside in a realm known as Duat- the world of the spirits and Gods. Just like Earth, it was a dimension that was parallel to Aaru." He started and I realised that Emut had told me something familiar to this when we were back in the motel. I nodded as I processed the information and Negus continued on.

"Long ago, there was no possible or permissible way that a mere mortal could enter Duat and the land remained pious to the Gods and the Gods alone. That was until 15,000 years ago. The scriptures tell the story of how Goddess Hathor became besotted by a human male that often visited her temple, in Aaru. He would indulge her with stories of his life and she, unbeknownst to him, fell deeply in love. She knew that it was both forbidden and impossible for any human to have entry into the world of the Gods and this troubled her. She went to seek assistance from Heka, a deity of magic who was part of the divine solar barge who came up with a solution. He fastened and harnessed the aura of each planet as they aligned with the sun, creating what we now know as the Miftah of Persistance. These were described as keys embezzled with gems, capable of allowing any person who was in possession of them to travel where they so wished." He spoke in a hushed tone and I leaned in, listening to his words.