Chapter 62

"How do you even move around with such long hair?" Ayla asked incredulously and I let out a laugh at her words as I towel-dried my hair. We walked out of the bathroom and towards the courtyard where we were set to meet.

"I guess, I'm used to it now." I answered nonchalantly to which Ayla stroked slightly at it.

"Arun would have a joy of a day if you asked him to do your hair." She murmured and I let out a giggle.

"I know, he's already shared this desire with me." I said poignantly to which Ayla frowned.

"Of course he did, the predictable scum." She berated jokingly and I pouted at her words, thinking of the golden-haired boy who would laugh along with us.

"I miss him." I said in response to which Ayla nudged me, a moody look on her face.

"Between Arun and Maya, I'm truly starting to believe I'm not your favourite." She whined and I raised an eyebrow at her words.

"That's because you're not."

I turned at Maya's words to see her walking behind us. I smiled at her words as Ayla punched at her arm.

"Of course I am! Don't be ridiculous!" She admonished Maya, making her roll her eyes.

"Perhaps at a point, but you would be foolish to think you could compete with me." She finalised, speaking as though her words were the monopoly of truth and I giggled at Ayla's downcast expression.

"I'd say I have a good chance in the running."

I turned yet again; this time to see Emut walking towards us as we descended down the stairs to the courtyard and Maya snorted loudly.

"You weren't even a contender, let alone have a chance in winning." She bit out and Ayla nodded in agreement, folding her arms. Emut smiled as I raised an eyebrows at his words.

"You said it yourself- Hanna's allegiance has changed since our trip to Earth." He teased, his golden gaze flitting to me and I nudged him slightly.

"Don't stir the pot, Emut or I'd have half a mind to do the same with you and the boys." I threatened playfully to which he raised an eyebrow.

"Well, that sounds intriguing; I'd like to see you try." He replied with ease as we neared Demir and Abrax who held the weapons bag.

"Don't test me." I muttered to which he laughed before looking to Ayla and Maya who neared closer behind us. His expression changed then from a playful one to a serious one as he directed his gaze to the group.

"Ustaaz, Demir and I had looked at the clue given in the morning. It showed the location of a key- the Miftah of Neptune." He explained and I nodded in understanding, waiting for him to continue. Instead, Ayla spoke up.

"Is it anywhere I've been? Could I transport us?" She asked hopefully, perhaps feeling eager to aid the mission, but Emut shook his head firmly.

"We'll be travelling to the sea caves of Lake Nasser." He answered and my eyebrows furrowed at the mention of the unknown location. The others, however, looked as though they knew the area too well and Maya let out a sigh.

"Getting to the sea caves is no easy feat. With the season also, the tides will be unmerciful. How are we expected to get there?" She asked in a frustrated tone and I looked to Demir who shrugged, his glaive in hand.

"Which is why we've already arranged the appropriate transport." He said vaguely and I frowned at his words. Emut smiled at the confusion in our expressions before looking to the entrance vacantly.

"How does everyone feel about a boat?"

****************

I gaped as I stood at the banks of Lake Nasser. This is most definitely not what I expected when they said boat; I had thought of a paddle boat or even a rowing boat, but this large wooden contraption in front of me was anything but small.