Chapter 52

I've uploaded again! Please make sure to like and comment if you enjoyed it!

I will be updating weekly now so make sure to add to your library to get the notifications!

S. A. A

                               °°°°°°°♧°°°°°°

I walked out of the washing chambers, wearing my navy blue nightgown that dropped to my shins. It was light and made me feel cool, despite the hot weather.

"You finished?" I turned at Ayla's voice, smiling when I saw her petite figure in the peach nightgown. Her hair was open, reaching just below her chest.

"You look so pretty!" I squealed and she let out a squeal of her own as she came to me.

"Not as pretty as you. How do you look like the goddess of the night?" She joked and I slapped her arm.

"Can you stop fawning over each other so we can get to bed?" I turned at Maya's voice, faltering slightly when I took in her tall figure, encased in the white gown. Her hair was plaited yet again and the vibrant red contrasted starkly with the white of the gown.

"Oh my God, Maya, you look so good." I muttered to which she rolled her eyes. Nevertheless, she looked down to attire again.

"I just wore it because I didn't pack much and this was readily available." She said as a matter of factly and Ayla raised an eyebrow at her words.

"Oh sure." Ayla said with a smirk to which Maya scowled.

"Are you girls prepared for the night?" Bomani asked and we swivelled to meet his gaze. Both Ayla and Maya bowed at his arrival and I followed suit, out of respect.

He nodded at this before walking towards the entrance and into the courtyard. We followed as he walked down the steps and when I saw 3 beds lined up and 3 beds opposite, I halted slightly. They weren't like the beds from back home, rather they seemed to be 4 wooden posts with a tight network of woven ropes as the mattress. Often, in Earth, they were referred to us as Charpoy beds.

"This is where you all will be sleeping for the remainder of this trip. I trust that you all control what time you sleep and wake. You are grown enough for that." He began, eyeing us to see if we had any objections. I nodded, complying to his words as did Ayla.

"Ustaaz, this is more than suitable. Thank you for your hospitality." Maya said politely and Bomani nodded at her words before retreating to the entrance.

"Good. I bid you all a goodnight then. Ma'as-salāma." He nodded his head a last time before disappearing out of view and I turned, walking down the steps to get a closer look at the beds. Ayla followed as I did. She sat on top of the bed on the far left. I let out a laugh before sitting in the middle one beside her as I looked to the three beds opposite; just a meter away from ours. Maya settled in beside me as I spoke.

"Are the boys going to be sleeping on those beds?" I asked tepidly, turning to Ayla.

"Why? Would you want us to sleep on the floor instead?" Demir asked not even glancing our way as he walked in, with Emut and Abrax following behind him.

Emut looked to the sleeping arrangement before letting out a small cough.

"I suppose, this place isn't big enough to have a spare bedroom." He reasoned diplomatically before making his way to the middle bed. Demir placed himself onto the right bed and Abrax on the left, opposite Ayla.

"Hanna, let's do this!" Ayla said excitedly and I watched as she hopped up eagerly before pushing her bed towards mine, until the rims hit each other. Grinning triumphantly, she moved over to Maya's bed before pushing it effortlessly towards mine. Maya merely leaned back on her palms as she looked to the night sky.