33

"Girl, you did the right thing, don't worry. He's just being a salty little bitch."

"Yeah....Yeah!...But I wanna talk to him really badly.."

"Y/n, Y/n, Y/n...He'll come back, he's not that much of an idiot. Here, take more tea."Ling pushed a cup of tea into my hand. She looked tired as hell. "You know Y/n, out of the many years I've been dating, sometimes you feel worse giving in. If Jimin wants you, he'll understand why you slapped him and you had a very good reason for why you slapped him. Remember that."

Another week has passed. Nothing from Jimin but a text from Jungkook. Said Jimin has been ranting to him about when I slapped him. Jungkook said I did the right thing, he was being over dramatic and I didn't know what would've happen. I'm glad I have people around me that understand why I did what I did. He told me that over the weeks, Jimin sounded sadder and sadder and he gave up on trying to defend himself and instead started to say what he did wrong.

Tzuyu was gushing with happiness, constantly telling me how happy she was feeling and how excited she was to go on her date with Max. Oliver was still upset though he tried not to show Tzuyu. He told me, though he may be upset, there's no reason for him to rain on Tzuyu's happiness. Such a sweet boy. Sometimes I think I should've chosen him over Max.

I drank some of the tea. "Ling...You're such a bad bitch.."

"I know"

"How? How are you such a bad bitch?"

"In the many years of living, I've had to go through a lot, but honey, you keep yo tits up and yo spirits up, your gold. Nothing will break ya, not even a relationship. You just gotta know that you are in charge of your life, no matter what someone says."

"Yeah! I'm already a bad bitch!"

"Hell yeah you are!"

"I stood my ground against him! I stuck up for what I believed in, I told him what I thought! I'm bad bitch, he can't kill me!"

"Honey, you're starting to get way too hyper. It's 11, I got work tomorrow and if you get all energized, I'm gonna get all energized and you know how off I get when I'm tired."

I laughed loudly which made her laugh as well. "Anyway," Ling started to say, grabbing her own cup. "How's Oliver been? At the salon, he barely talks anymore. When he goes on break, he comes back with his eyes all red and his cheeks are all puffy."

"Oh...He hasn't told you anything?"

"...Girl what do you mean...Wait is he smoking?!-"

"No, no, no! Not at all!"

"Oh my god, you're smoking-"

"I never said such a thing!Either way, I don't know if he wants me to tell you about whats happening."

Ling looked at me dead in the eye with silence building up around us. I gulped, confused yet intimidated. She had no emotion in her face as she stared at me, it was like she was a statue. Ling sighed suddenly and placed the tea near her lips. "He's having trouble trying to confess his feelings." She said before taking a sip.

"Whoa, how did you figure that out?!"

"Connected your look to his look and figured it out like that. I ain't no dumb ass. Either way, who does he like?"

"I don't know if you'd like who he lik-"

"Who is it Y/n? No games, just truth."

"...He likes Tzuyu."

"That bitch?! REALLY?!"

"Yes really! She's really changed since the break up. She's much more calm and is trying to make sure she doesn't act the same way. She's even asked me for some advise even though I've barely dated."

"Well your dating Jimin so that can be why."

I looked at her confused. "What do you mean I'm dating Jimin?"

"What do you mean when your questioning what I just said? You're dating Jimin, right?"

"I-I..." I leaned back on the couch and looked forward at the wall, with a blank stare. Was I dating Jimin? Am I dating Jimin? Are we friends with benefits? What are we? Like actually? "I'm dating Jimin?"

"Why are you confused about this?"

"Really...Am I dating him? Or are we just friends with benefits? We've never gone out on like...an actual date, ya know? We've hung out but...Nothing to call a date..."

"Oh honey... Don't cry." Her soft tone rang in my ears

I looked over at her. "What do you mean? I'm not crying"

"Feel your cheeks and rub your eyes." She told me in which I did. I felt the tear on my hands. Was I really crying? I didn't even notice. Ling grabbed a tissue and handed it to me.

As I wiped my eyes full of tears I didn't know I had, I spoke. "I wish life could be like those..books from online..Those books that everything seems to go right..There's barely fights..Lines are clear on who's bad and who's good..Those books that make the jump to relationship look so easy and clearly shows you with one kiss...Instead I'm greeted with this story..A story in which fights have more of an impact than a couple days of silent treatment..Where the line between who's good and who's bad is blurred to the point where I don't even know if there's a line...A story where one kiss doesn't seem to mean much...It's a slow burn...And I wonder when the fire will go out..Who knows anymore.."

"Y/n..Your story is still beautiful and more exciting than those books.You know why? Cause your real.You show true thought, thoughts another person would think. You're not predictable..Are you? You don't deal with bullshit and you don't give up. Y/n, you're smart and imperfect and that's what's so interesting...Your story..No, it's not simple but..It sure as hell is true. Keep it that way, got it?"

I smiled at her and nodded, looking into her eyes. She pulled me into a tight hug, a hug which would calm a child once it woke from a bad dream. We stayed in the position for a while. I almost refused to let go of her when I heard the door knock. Finally I ripped myself away from her warm embrace and walked to the door.

I opened the door and there it was. It's eyes saddened. It's cheeks a cherry blossom pink. It's hands in it's pocket. It's pink hair messy. "Hey.." Jimin said in a low voice. "Can we talk?"

I crossed my hands and looked back a Ling who lightly shooed me. I turned back to face Jimin. "You got around 10 minutes to talk at max." I said, going out into the hall, closing the door behind me.

He let out a soft chuckle. A sad one it seemed. "It won't take that long..Trust me."

"So? What's on your mind Mr.Park?"

"I..I just came here to apologize to you..About what happend with Oliver and you..slapping me..At first, I thought you lost it-"

"Thanks Jimin." I said sarcastically.

"Back to what I was saying.. At first it wasn't me who was the problem, I thought Oliver was the problem. I was scared that he was actually trying to flirt with you and I hated the idea of that happening. I got so mad and I sulked so much that I didn't realize I was in the wrong when I yelled at Oliver..But I got my head straight now. I talked to Oliver and I apologized to him and everything..And I wanted to apologize to you..Not just in words but..On a date? Like, a real date. I'll pay for everything, go anywhere you want to go..I just want you back in my life.."

Silence grew as he searched in my eyes while I searched for nothing. His emotions were right there in front of me. No masks or cloaks to cover themselves up. It was out, raw for the world to see. For me to see. There was nothing to search for. Jimin stepped closer to me and grabbed my hand lightly, his eyes still searching mine, wishing to see the emotions I was covering up. "Please Y/n..Will you go on a date with me?"

I looked down at our hands, softly being held together. I looked up slowly into his eyes. "Where to prince charming?" I softly smiled.

A smile appeared on his face. Quickly, he pulled me into a bear hug. I could feel his joy and I couldn't stop myself from hugging him back. "Saturday at 2. Meet me outside of the building." He whispered in my ear before he kissed my lips gently. He pulled away slowly before wishing me a good night a walk away, leaving me in the hall.

"Yeah.." I said quietly to myself. "My story isn't simple..but it sure as hell is true..."