34

"Y/n, I must say, you look very cute in that dress." Oliver commented as I looked at my outfit in the mirror.

"You think? I don't have the best of dress  as Ling does but I think it's good

"You think? I don't have the best of dress as Ling does but I think it's good." I commented back. "What do you think Ling?"

Ling didn't respond to my question. She was distant today. Very distant. It was Saturday, the day of my date with Jimin. Actually, it was the same day Tzuyu was going out on her date with Max!

I thought Ling would be filled with joy knowing I was actually going on a date. She seemed so excited whenever I told her I was going out with Jimin, I was sure she would've been thrilled hearing about this one!...Yet, she barely showed it. There was a gloomy cloud over her head. Her smile wasn't very present and even when she did smile, you could see the pain still. She was staring off, didn't even hear me.

"Ling?" I questioned once more a bit louder which snapped her out of her thoughts. She looked at me with dull eyes but a small smile on her face.

"What did you say hon?I'm sorry"

"I-I asked if I looked ok...But are you ok?"

"Y/n, you look splendid! I think you picked out a great outfit! Don't you agree Oliver?"

Oliver looked at her a bit confused. "I-I've already said she looked great..We were just asking you your own opinion."

"You were? I didn't hear you say you opinion" She laughed, leaning back in my desk chair. "Oh silly me, losing it all before I turn 40..."

Once again, Ling had left us for her starry world where our words seemed to be like echos from afar. Oliver looked over at me a bit concerned. He stood up and pulled me into my kitchen, leaving Ling in my bedroom.

"She's acting off, right? Not just me here?" He said quietly.

"It's not just you, she's defiantly off...Do you know why?"

"Why would I bring you out here and asks if she was acting off to you as well if I knew why she was acting off in the first place?"

"God dammit...You're right."

"When did you last hang out with her?"

"Like last Sunday? She didn't seem off then"

"I hung out with her on Wednesday...She seemed off then. When I went to get her tea from my kitchen, I over heard her mumbling something. Something like...'You can dance, you can jive, having the-'"

"'Time of your life, see that girl, watch that scene, digging the dancing queen'...That's like one of her favorite songs.She told me she used to have dance parties with her babysitter while singing this song. That's so odd."

"Yeah, and when I came back in, she looked like she just wiped away tears and when I asked her if she was ok she just smiled and said everything was perfectly fine before changing the subject on me."

I let out a deep sigh. "This has happened before" I admitted to Oliver.

"she acted this odd before?"

"The same time last year and the year before that, she locked herself in her apartment. I never saw her go in or go out until one day when she left. I didn't see her come back for 4 days and when she finally when she did come back home, by then, she acted like nothing ever happend. She never told me why or where she went. Just stayed silent."

Oliver stayed silent, thinking. "You got a speaker and some odd sunglasses?"

I gave  him an odd look. "What?"

"Do you have a speaker and some sunglasses? We could surprise Ling with a dance party, maybe it'll make her laugh."

"..You're...right, i bet it would make her laugh. Go by my front door and grab some odd sunglasses from that table I got, I'll get the speaker." He nodded and we went our separate ways, grabbing the pieces we needed. Oliver put on one of my clout glasses I stole from Seulgi and put these odd, pink heart glasses on me while I readied Dancing Queen. 

The music started off soft as we walked towards the room but once we hit the frame, I turned up the music and wow...Oliver went there. He strutted into the room like a bad bitch. He looked so confident! I as well strutted into the music but not like Oliver did it. He was just breaking it down on the dance floor which made Ling smile then laugh.

I danced over to a puffy Ling, grabbing her hand and pulling her up. Oliver quickly came over to us and started dancing, persuading her to start dancing along. We danced throughout the room, singing out the words loudly. As the music died out, Ling wiped her red cheeks of tears as she chuckled.

"You guys always have a way to make me smile..." She commented. "I'm so sorry that I haven't been so happy for you Y/n."

"Is everything ok? We're worried about you Ling." Oliver asked her.

Ling sighed. "Tomorrow is the anniversary of a loved one..It's been 8 years since she died. Seems like so long ago now...Actually, she's not even related to me...But once a year, my sister, her husband, their friends, and the father of the girl comes to her house where her husband and kids are left..We go to the house for a couple days to mourn then celibate for her...We..I miss her..A lot.." Ling looked down at the ground as Oliver and I gave her a big group hug.

"Oh Ling.. You should've told me..I wouldn't have made you come over if you told me about this.." I said quietly.

She sniffled. "I know...I know.. but I didn't want you to feel bad for me..I want you to be happy today" She looked over at Oliver. "I want you to be happy today too Oliver."

We hugged in silence for a while, the only noise truly being Ling sniffling. Oliver finally made a joke, making us all laugh. For the rest of the time, we joked and laughed and told stories, bringing up the mood in the room.

"Oliver, don't you need to meet up with a friend?" Ling asked.

"I'm going to meet him at 4, it's only-...Y/n I think you need to leave, it's 2." Oliver said.

"Whoa time flies!" I got up. "If you want, you guys can stay here then lock up when you get out. Ling, you leaving tonight?"

She nodded. "Good luck honey, I bet you're going to kill it."

"Hell yeah she is!" Oliver yelled making us laugh.

I said goodbye to the two of them and walked down to the front of my building where Jimin was already waiting for me. He smiled brightly once he saw me. "Ready to get this date started kitten?" He asked.

I giggled. "Ready as I'll ever be"