36

Holy shit, he was right.

On the inside of the restaurant, beautiful oil painting were mounted on the wall of extravagant landscapes. Landscapes from long ago that may no longer even be there. Dark oak traveled up the walls with red paint complimenting its darkness aside it.

Glowing, diamond chandeliers that illuminated a soft light hung from a painted ceiling, a ceiling with a beautiful heaven painted above. A big fire place with glowing flames behind a quiet, jazz like band, accompanied by two beautiful singers, one a woman and the other a man,  and pianist.

In the air were the soft tones of this band, mixed with the light chatter of the guests and soft giggles of the tipsy women, dancing their hearts away with the men they oh so very much enjoyed on the wide dance floor

Jimin had somehow gotten us a beautiful table with a view of the band and dancing couples. It was like a front row seat into how the rich spend their money. As we watched the people dance and our thoughts melted into the music, Jimin took my hand in his and squeezed it softly. I didn't look, my attention still immersed in the scene in front of me.

Only when the food came to our small table for two, did I take my eyes off the dance floor. We ate a bit in silence before Jimin finally spoke. "Isn't this place beautiful? My family knows this place extremely well." He said as I swallowed some of my food.

"Really?Are you guys friends with the people who own this establishment? Or are you guys maybe co-owners?"

He shook his head. "We're the only owners."

When he said that, my mouth dropped. "You're kidding...The Parks are the owners of this damn restaurant?!"

He chuckled at my reaction. "Yeah, we're known for this chain. It's nice right?"

"Nice?! It gorgeous! Oil paintings like that cost thousands of dollars, even millions!"

Our conversation turned silent as we continued eating. It was only until I finished did Jimin speak once more. "We replace at least one painting from each restaurant every 5 to 6 months."

"How can you afford that? What happens to the painting that get replaced."

"Well we either reuse them in different locations or we sell them off, using that money to buy a new one. None go to waste."

"Amazing..Is this why you go to the business side of our school?"

"Well..Yes that is why...Soon it'll be mine...And I need a partner to help me out with it. You know, keep up the design and keep people coming to see the beautiful art in here." He leaned over the table, eyes soft. "What do you say Y/n? Will you at least be my partner in crime?"

I was taken aback by the question. It was a question I thought I would never hear from him. Be his partner? Who would've thought of that...Or is that the whole reason he brought me on this date? Just to ask me if I'll help run the business...

A smile appeared on my face as I leaned over the table, mimicking him. "Who wouldn't love to be your partner in crime?"

He took my hand once more, a great smile on his face, his cheeks all pink. "I have a surprise for you.." He said quietly, reaching into his back pocket. He pulled out a small, rectangular box wrapped in a silky, black ribbon. I stared at it.

"J-Jimin I-"

"Take it...it's a gift. Don't worry how much  it costs  cause it was worth it..Trust me." He told me with a reassuring smile, letting go of my hand.

I softly nodded before slowly opening up the box. I gasped at what I was looking at. A diamond necklace.

It shined in the soft light

It shined in the soft light. The necklace didn't even seem real. All that was happening..It Just didn't seem real. Was I dreaming? Maybe. Or was this reality? Maybe.

"Do you like it?" Jimin asked, taking my view away from the necklace.

"Why are you giving this to me?" I asked him.

"I want you to be happy...And if we ever..lose touch or something happens...Then you have something from me...Would you like me to put it on you?"

I nodded with a warm smile in which he immediately got up and grabbed the necklace. He swept around my chair as I lifted my hair up so he could place the cold necklace onto my bare neck. As he locked it onto my neck, the singers announced to the dining room that they would be playing a special song, requested by one of the guest.

Slowly, the song started to play. Everyone knew the song.

"I don't want to set the world on fire-" The male singer started to sing slowly.

Jimin and I looked out at the dance floor where only a few couples were dancing before Jimin whispered in my ear. "May I have this dance?"

I looked up at him doe eyed before he took my hand and pulled me to my feet. We walked to the middle of the dance floor where I wrapped my hand around his neck and pulled me close to him by the waist. We started to slow dancing in time with the music as I laid my head down on his shoulder.

We didn't dare speak, only listen to the music. I felt as if I was dancing with an angel in heaven itself. That I was at the grand ball of Heaven hosted by the angels, where they would dance with mortals till they no longer knew where they came from or if the music had stopped long ago.

I watched others couples pass us but there was only one couple who intrigued me, who caught my eye. An older couple, dressed as if it were the last day to dance with one another. Their gazes locked within each other other like the universe were in them. I could feel their love for one another.

I saw the woman whisper "I love you" in which the man replied "I love you too". They shared a small kiss before she had placed her head down on his shoulder, the same thing I was doing with Jimin.

"You mean so much to me Y/n...So much.." He told me before kissing my hair.

The music seemed to go one for forever. I wanted it to go on for forever. This dance, this song, this scene....forever. Sadly, that was not the case. The song had ended and the guest clapped for an encore.

I looked up at Jimin and smiled. "So this is what it's like to dance in Heaven."