QC Day 2: Hurt/Comfort

[SPOILERS FOR REN'S RECENT VIDEO]

Fun Fact: I actually had this story for a month now, and waited till Pamela the cow actually died... Yeah, I prepared for that scenario.

I mean literally, I made this fanart for the the sole purpose if Pamela actually died. What's wrong with me? XD

________________________________

Ren is an active and go happy hermit known to like making things a bit spicier from random role plays to his many alter egos, he's just someone who wouldn't fail to make you smile.

Which is why when Jevin boated his way to his base, he had a quick glimpse at 'Loser Island ' but all he saw was a ruin. Jevin sailed closer to the shore and took a closer glimpse of the base.

The once simple yet beautiful wooden tower was now just a small rigid structure, items were scattered all over the place, and a couple of wooden blocks floated midair .

It was a wreck, yes. But the only thing that caught his attention was my dear friend Ren who silently sat on the dirt block with his head tilted down to the ground. Jevin heard a couple of hiccups and sniffles from the hermit, and like any friend or hermit would be concerned.

I took a slow approach till Ren finally acknowledged his presence. He didn't say anything nor did he look at me in the eye, but he motioned a quick little nod to accept Jevin's visit to the island.

At first Jevin thought Ren was bummed out about his base, because he could just rebuild it again, easy! But no, that wasn't the main reason. Jevin took notice of the piece of raw steak that Ren fiddled between his fingers.

It took him a while to understand but now he finally get it... Jevin sat upon the dirt block and nudged himself near the hermit. Then he placed his slimy, blue hand on his shoulder, patting it a couple of times. Ren let out a whimper and suddenly broke down in front of him, sobbing his tears through his hands.

Jevin's heart sank to the bottom of his stomach and held a tight grip on his shoulder, leaning his head on his slumped back... He let the poor man grieve the whole afternoon, for his late cow, Pamela.

Ren was wreck, and his already ruined base can obviously define how he's currently feeling, but Jevin was there for his buddy through and through....

~~~Bonus Chapter~~~

It was the next morning after that gloomy afternoon.  As Jevin paddled back to Loser Island, he held the shulker box near his arm and let a small yawn. Last night when he came back to his base, sleep wasn't in his mind.

Instead he made a little something to make Ren cheer up, and it took him a visit to Stress and 10 hours of his bedtime to create the perfect little gift. He's definitely gonna be snoozing the whole afternoon later on..

He parked his boat near the shore and climbed up a few makeshift stairs till he reached Ren's base currently under construction. Ren was nowhere to be seen but he could see the how hard Ren was doing to rebuild his house.

So instead Jevin placed the shulker box near... the missing door? Or entrance. And placed down a sign next to it.

He hummed in delight and walked back to the boat. But before he could start paddling, he noticed a familiar figure exiting from underground and quietly gasped at the random shulker box on his doorstep.

It was Ren! Ren read the little sign then opened the box with a face of a child that got what he wished for christmas. Ren took the little cow plushie Jevin attempted to make all night. He wasn't the best at sewing but the hermit still seemed to enjoy the present.

Ren's smile was big and tears slowly formed near his eyes, he hugged the little plushie with all his doggy might! It was enough for Jevin's little heart to tingle of satisfaction, and quietly paddled his way back to his base...

________________________________

[No use of dialogue, yey! :D]

May your night
Shine Bright
Ladies and gents! ;)
-Keichi Akechi