My promise to protect

_____________________________

What's true fluff? False angst.

It's Light angst, don't worry.

And if you watched False's episode with Tango, then you will get what's going on.

________________________________

-False's POV-

At the top of the Boomer's shop is where I hid, spying on the shopping district, waiting for an unexpected hermit to come prey to the zombies infested beneath the shops. Wels fallen for the zombies, and I bravely eliminated them with my trusty sword!

But ever since then, not that many hermits visited the shopping district. Most especially 'Lookie Lookie at my Bookie', I thought someone would want to buy a book... Now I sound like Keralis, oof.

I sank lower on the roof and huffed. I took a nibble of my golden carrots while keeping my eyes on the area. I did not want to be spotted stalking the district, actually that sounded wrong to be fair.

But I was starting to regret this idea. I am itching to continue on my base, and other projects such as my flower farm. Whatever I was doing felt unproductive but really, you gotta do what it takes to encourage others that I'm a good mayor.

Before I even had the idea of giving up, a sound of fireworks caught my attention. I scrambled back to the edge of the roof and took another peak at the area. My excitement grew once I saw my next victim- or the zombie's victim.

Cub looked to be going around shop to shop, and I felt my anxiety growing every time he came close to Lookie Lookie at my bookie. "Come on Cub, buy a book," I muttered to myself, preparing the bow I gripped with my fist...

Cub kept roaming around the area till he stood in front of the LLAMB. He took inspection of the shop for a while till he went inside to purchase a book. "Finally!" I exclaimed softly. Taking aim of the pressure and shot my arrow.

A pack of nonhuman creatures leaped from the hole and swarmed around the inside of the shop. But not to worry! False is here! I glided down to the ground and ran inside the shop with my enchanted sword ready to be used.

"Need some help Cub!" I exclaimed, pushing the diamond blade through the zombie's chest as it disappeared to a puff of smoke. I took a few swings at the mobs till there wasn't a single zombie in the shop.
I placed back my sword near my waist and let out a satisfied chuckle. "Saved the da-" My smile fell to a frown, when I looked back at the hermit.

Cub struggled to stand up, hugging his stomach. There was discomfort in his eyes as he breathed heavily with what look a pained expression. He collapsed on the floor panting, closing his eyes shut, flinching from any movement he made.

"CUB!!" I slid down to his level, shaking his white sleeve shirt. He opened one eye, taking notice of my presence. He looked at me poorly, mustering his energy to mutter, "H-elp.."

I felt myself panicking, maybe about to cry out for help. I pushed my fidgeting hands through my pocket till threw out the communicator, grabbed it, and struggled to type out a short sentence before hitting send.

>FalseSymmetry: HELp Lokie at bookie!!!!!!<

But instead of wasting my time waiting, I dropped the communicator on the ground and crawled to the ender chest at front. I hastily took a bottle of healing potion and crawled back to the hermit. I shook Cub's shoulder, waking him. First I wrapped my arms around his underarms and carefully dragged him near the wall, and positioned him to sit.