QC Day 3: Out of character

Fun Fact: I never really liked desserts of any type... But you guys are still sweet enough for me! ^•^

[Oof, pick up lines]

This is the continuation of the story "To mend a mishap", and so will be the next chapter.

________________________________

~~~XB's POV~~~

After 20 minutes of searching for Scar's base I finally reached the heart of the jungle, but wasn't prepared to find probably the most mystical village I have ever seen someone built.  Aside from being amazed of Scar's work, my mind was in a different place.

I swiftly landed near the entrance to the diamond-bearded snail, reached my clenched fist on the door, and gave a few little knocks, "Scar! Are you there?" I called out.

In almost an instant the door opened wide to reveal the wizard. "Ahhh XB your here." Scar said..

I didn't respond back... I stared at Scar's whole body for a while. There was just something off about his appearance. He had the purple robes, hat, and of course his red spotted underwear were all completely normal. But his eyes, were dull and grey, no longer was it those pure green emerald eyes that he used to stare at...

"Are you coming in?"

I snapped back from my thoughts. "O-Oh yeah, sorry!" I smiled sheepishly and hurried inside. On the table laid two steaming cups of tea, Scar grabbed the cups and pushed one to me. I accepted the cup.

"So what brings you here to my base?" Scar asked before sipping his tea. I was too busy trying to figure out what seems so off about him that I almost forgot my purpose of visiting Scar! Yahhhh-

"Well...before I left I saw that awkward scene with you and Cub in the chest monster, and I was wondering if you were alright 'cause- well you seemed panicked." I explained, but Scar made no change of his mood.

"Heh no big deal, past is past," Scar shrugged, brushing past me and placed the empty cup on the table. "Now can you just leave, I'm busy," he sternly replied, then went up to his chest and scavenge through the pile.

"Now that's a bit rude.." I muttered.

"It's also rude to butt in on someone's personal business between me and Cub. You chickened out near the beginning of season 6 so your just as clueless as ever." Scar replied casually. "Now kindly go away, shoo shoo."

I was stunned. "S-Scar?" I called out. He glared at me in boredom, threatening me with his now greyish eyes to get the heck out of here, he just looked like the wizard didn't care. "I'm sorry to intrude..." I whispered with a little bow, placed my half finished cup of tea, and exited the snail with the door shut immediately behind me.

I felt kind of hurt from his words, but my concerns never left. I gazed worriedly at the door where behind, was a different man. Scar, the disney loving, pure, fun, terraformer, was not the hermit I saw in that base.

A sighed deeply, "Welp... I tried." I took another glance again at the village then took off to the nearest portal.

________________________________

May your night
Shine Bright
Ladies and gents! ;)
-Keichi Akechi