10. Soldiers

((Sideswipe's P.OV.))
Vicky sat on my lap and she ran her fingers through my silky brown hair like Liberty always used to do and hug me tightly, nuzzling my neck and holding me tightly. It just felt different now Vicky was doing it. Probably because she was doing it for more than ten years years. From the moment Liberty saw me, she adored me and wanted to be with me. She found safety and love with me, and I betrayed her. I could still see the grief and betrayal in her ocean blue eyes.

I sighed heavily as I thought about her, I missed her, a lot to be honest. "What are you thinking?" Vicky asked. I shook my head and sighed "Nothing important baby!" I said, brushing some hair out of her face. "You're thinking about my sister huh!" she said. I sighed again and looked at the wall for a moment. Vicky grasped my jaw and forced me to look at her. "Why?!"

"I don't know, maybe because she was my best friend for almost ten years," I said in a 'duh' tone. She huffed "Sideswipe... you know what I told you, and I know her!" she said. "She's mean and doesn't deserve you!" she said slyly. "I do..." she added before pressing her lips on mine. "You know my sister never should have existed in the first place!" she coldly said.

I hummed and pushed her away from me, pacing around the cafeteria. I looked up when some soldiers walked in. "Sideswipe," they greeted. I gave a small nod in return "You have a good catch huh!" I looked at Vicky as Noah gestured at her. "Y-yeah..." I said. "Where's Liberty! She's your best friend!" he continued, crossing her arms. "I have always thought you and Lib would be in a relationship one day!" He said, cocking his head slightly to the side. "What?!" I huffed and waved my hand. "no... why would you think that~" I snorted while cutting myself off.

He raised his brows "Cuz... you two were always together!" he added. "ugh come on... I have Vicky now... I never liked her in the first place, she was only a bother to me! Vicky is much better than her!" I snorted while tilling my head proudly. Noah studied me with shock and surprise before he snorted and shook his head "Well... now you really screwed it up!" he snapped before he turned on his heels and stormed off. I blinked in surprise and turned around, instead of facing Vicky I faced Liberty, her eyes were watery and I saw she was devastated. I gulped and opened my mouth to say something, but she slapped my cheek and turned on her heels, running off.

"Liberty!" I called out, but Vicky stopped me. "Let her go, Sides! You said it yourself! I am much better we talked about it so many times!" she stated. I sighed but sat down in the chair again. Vicky quickly sat on my lap and nuzzled in my neck, holding me like Lib always did...

((Liberty's P.O.V))
I was so upset right now, how could he ever say that? I thought we were friends? I thought he was actually there for me and liked me but all those years, he just used me. Why was I so stupid! Why would I actually think he would be my best friend?! I stormed into the training room and saw Sunstreaker. I sprinted over to him and hugged him tightly. He was surprised and looked down at me as I buried my face in his chest. He was all I have left, he was guardian, he couldn't just dump me... right?!

"Why are you hugging me?!" He asked suspiciously. I grasped him tighter and didn't reply to his question."Alright, fleshy! that's enough now!" he said, patting my back. I stepped back and wiped the tears off my face. "Now... what's on your useless little brain?" he asked mockingly crossing his arms. I looked down, making him raise a brow. "I hate Sideswipe..."

He cocked his head to the side "I wish he was dead!" I spat before I turned on my heels and stormed off again, leaving him behind in the training room. I was enraged, but at the same time, I wanted to scream and cry my eyes out. I stormed over to the gate, the same soldier that had tried to keep inside the base before, blocked my way, and crossed his arms while looking at me. "GET OUT OF MY DAMN WAY!" I screamed, almost hitting him. He threw me against the fence, only pissing me off even more.

I jumped on my feet and lunged for him, we both ended up on the floor. "Open the damn gate!!" I screamed, choking him. He growled and punched me in my side a couple of times before switching the roles. "Get off of me!" I spat, struggling underneath him. He groaned and hold me down, or at least he tried. I punched him with my head against his and grabbed my knife. Someone grabbed me and hold me tightly. "Shh, Lib!" Sunstreaker growled, I tried to free myself but he holds me tightly. "Drop the knife!" he demanded. I sniffed but did as he had asked me and hold me as I buried my face in his chest again. He wrapped his arms around me and sighed. "oh femme..." he sulked as he stared at the soldier on the floor.

"Come..."

He grabbed my knife and placed it in his belt before he led me towards the training room and sat down next to me. Sunny wrapped his arm around me and pulled me closer "What pissed you off?" he asked, brushing some hair out of my face. "Sideswipe... I went to the cafeteria to get some food, and I overheard a conversation with Noah, a soldier here on the base, he literary said; 'I have Vicky now... I never liked her in the first place, she was only a bother to me! Vicky is much better than her' that's exactly what he said," I sniffled.

Sunstreaker sighed heavily and kissed the side of my head. "I am sorry he said that," he said quietly. I wiped some tears off my face "I have always found my comfort with him, he made me feel better, Sunny... it just feels like he betrayed me!" I sighed. He kissed the side of my head "I know... he did," he sulked. "Please don't betray me too... you're the only one right now I trust," I said in a whisper. He pressed his nose against mine, something Sideswipe has done a lot too.

"I am your guardian, Lib... you're my charge and I would never betray you, I know the pain..." he said making me smile. I hugged him and buried my face in his chest.