33. 6 months earlier

Sideswipe opened his eyes, blinking against the brightness of the lamps hanging in the ceiling. He was confused and didn't know where he was or what had happened. He looked to his right when someone touched his head. There was only one person the the entire universe that could touch his head with so much love and affection.

His brother had a worried yet emotional gaze in his eyes. Something that didn't happen often. Sideswipe looked him in the eyes while Sunstreaker tenderly stroke his head and cheek. "Oh Sides..." he whispered before pressing his head against his. Sideswipe was confused, why was he so emotional? He was aware of what happened, but he was fine so what had gotten his mind?

"Sunny... what's wrong?" He whispered. "You died..." the voice of his brother broke and he wasn't sure what shocked him more, the fact he had died or the fact his brother was crying. "You mean... we were both dead?" He asked, meeting the watery blue eyes of his twin brother.

The yellow front liner nodded and let out a small sob. Sideswipe slowly brought his hand to his brothers cheek and brushed the tears off his face with his thumb. "I'm sorry," he whispered. Sunstreaker laid down with him, resting his head on the firm chest of his brother.

Sideswipe stared at the ceiling, running his fingers through his brothers softly silky blonde hair. "Sunny?!" The mech looked up "is Liberty okay?" He asked. Sunstreaker was quiet for a long moment, but he nodded eventually without further explanation and Sideswipe wondered why, but didn't want to ask and curled up against his brother before falling asleep.

The next few days, he was doing better and Ratchet allowed him to leave the medbay, but under strict order he would rest and don't change from his holomode into his bipedal mode till everything was fully healed. Sideswipe hated to admit, but was pretty tired for some reason. Sunstreaker simply told it was because of his wound and all that had happened.

Sideswipe opened the door of the room he shared with Sunstreaker, hoping to see a glimpse of the femme he liked so much, but she wasn't there to his disappointment. Maybe she was busy, but it was weird she hasn't showed up yet. Sunstreaker was vague about it so he brushed it off.

The silvery mech removed the medical gown of his body in order to take a shower and noticed his brother didn't leave his side. "I can do it myself, I would really appreciate some privacy," Sideswipe said. Sunstreaker gave him a strange look "since when do you care about privacy when we are together? Like I haven't seen you before! Dude... we interface with the same femme!" He kinda exclaimed. "Well maybe I would like to have some space," Sideswipe objected, crossing his arms. "I am worried,"

Sideswipe stared at his brother "I feel fine except the fact I'm exhausted," Sideswipe grimly said while turning his head away. "Take a shower, Sideswipe... I'm not gonna argue with you about it," Sunstreaker stated. Sideswipe gritted his teeth before turning around and marching over to the bathroom. He didn't care his brother saw him naked, but he just wanted some space, that's all.

He hopped in the shower stall while his brother sat down on the toilet seat, watching him like a hawk. It made him uncomfortable but somehow understood the worry of his brother and knew he was only trying to help him. Sideswipe finished and took the towel Sunstreaker handed him. "Is she mad at me?"

Sunstreaker looked at him, he didn't want to tell him she had left the base. Not now at least and decided to wait a little longer with telling him. Sideswipe had to recover first a little bit more. "I don't know," was his reply. Sideswipe sighed while wrapping the towel around his hips. "She really does hate me," he sadly said as he sat down on the edge of the bath. Sunstreaker knelt down in front of him. "No... sides, she doesn't," he stated firmly. "Then why isn't she here?" He asked sadly. Sunstreaker pressed a kiss on his forehead. "She'll be fine, come on," he helped him up and softly pushed him towards the bedroom again where he grabbed some boxers, a pj pants and a black hoody from the cabinet and gave it to him.