28. A sad ending...

Two days had passed, and I hadn't slept at all. I couldn't, I kept thinking about the twins. I was so scared that Ratchet would come and visit me, telling me both were dead. I was so afraid of losing them. I couldn't lose them, not now. I know that I had been mean towards Sideswipe, even he was a total aft sometimes, I didn't want him dead. He didn't deserve to die.

I strolled through the halls until Lennox caught up with me. "Liberty?" I looked at him. "Are you okay?" he asked. I nodded "I am fine... just worried and stressed, that's all," I said. He shook his head "I know you've been up for two days, and didn't eat... you have too," he said. "I will... I'll be fine," I assured him. "Why don't you join us for dinner? Sarah cooks," he suggested. "I can't leave the twins..." I said, looking at him again. "Neglecting yourself will not bring them back.

I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes but quickly blinked them away. "Alright..." I said. He gave a nod and gestured me to follow him. "I am just scared that Ratchet will approach me and tell me the twins are dead," I said, looking at Lennox again, feeling my eyes fill with tears again. "Sideswipe is tough, he'll make it," Lennox stated. I sniffled and nodded "I never should have said what I said to Sideswipe..." I sighed softly. "Sideswipe knows you didn't mean what you said, I promise he'll be fine," Lennox stated.

I sniffled but nodded and hopped in Ironhide's alt-mode. "I already wondered if you would come too," Ironhide said. I huffed and buckled up "Sideswipe is too stubborn to die," Ironhide said. "Yeah... I am just worried about them," I sighed. "Sunstreaker probably doesn't want you to stop eating and sleeping," he noticed. "I know... I just can't," I said. "I think it's wise you join for dinner, I'll bring you back tonight," he said. I gave a nod and watched out of the window while Lennox hopped in at the driver's side and drove off.

I didn't say much, mostly because my mind was still with the twins and I was pretty tired. 48 not sleeping is dreadful, but I just couldn't sleep, my mind stayed with the twins. I hopped out when Ironhide parked and followed them inside. Sarah, I liked her, she's always so sweet, hugged me shortly. "I heard about what happened," she said, taking me with her towards the living room. "I really miss them..." I said softly. "don't worry sweetie," she said, hugging me again.

Dinner good, even I had to force myself to eat. I could barely swallow anything. Annabel walked over to me, climbing on my lap. I wasn't good with kids, not at all. But Annabel was an okay kid, she's sweet and Ironhide was like an uncle for her. Very protective over her, like Sunstreaker, is over me. The thought hurt and I quickly brushed it off so I wouldn't start crying again.

Ironhide drove me back that evening. "You really should try to get some sleep, it will not bring the twins back," he said. "I just wanna kill my sister," I said, staring out of the window. "I know how you feel... Sideswipe is maybe a stupid aft sometimes, but he's still my ex-student. He deserves better then what happened to him," he said. I nodded "yeah... that's why sister has to die... if I don't do it, then Sunstreaker will eventually," I said. "Killing will not change what happened, I have told Sunstreaker so many times... that killing will not change anything, not the past, not your feelings, it will always be there," he said. "She doesn't deserve it to life," I snarled. "I know... but right now, the twins need you right now, Sideswipe will be upset and I don't think he wants to hear you're on a killing spring," he stated. I sniffled but nodded and blinked my tears away.

"You will get your revenge, Liberty. Prime is just as angry as I am... Vicky will pay for what she has done, but right now, you need to support the twins," He stated. I nodded and hopped out as Ironhide had parked and left again to return to Lennox's house. I hobbled through the halls, back to my room where I took a cold shower, pulling on some clothes. I knew Ironhide was right, I probably shouldn't try to kill my sister, but she deserved it. I sat down on my bed, staring at the wall. It felt like it was all my fault, if I had killed that stupid bitch when I had the change, none of this would have happened and Sideswipe wouldn't be so badly injured. I got up, strolling over to the medbay were walked over to Sunstreaker.

"Hi sweetie," I whispered, kissing his head. "I miss you, Sunstreaker," I added quietly. He weakly opened his eyes to look at me. I softly run my fingers through his hair. "Where were you?" he whispered, his voice cracky and hoarse from not talking for so long. "I was with Lennox..." I said I kept rubbing his hair. He hummed softly, closing his eyes. "I told you not to leave without me," he murmured with closed eyes. I could feel a tear rolling down my cheek. "I know... I know... and I am sorry about that, Sunstreaker," I said quietly. He opened his eyes to look at me again "I just want something to tell you..." he said. I sat down next to him on the bed. "Sometimes I wished we never became so close... That way saying goodbye wouldn't be so hard," he whispered. "Don't say that, Sunny... Sideswipe will make it and so will you, just... don't give up now, you're a fighter. You survived so many years, the war, Megatron... please fight," I whispered. "It's not my fight..." He looked away for a moment, closing his eyes.

"Sunstreaker... stop talking like this, you will be fine,"
"I am scared..."

My vision became blurry as I looked into Sunstreaker's eyes. "You don't have to be scared... you will be fine," I said, kissing his forehead. "I have no time to say goodbye to Sideswipe... but it comforts me I'll see him soon," he whispered. I placed my hand on his chest to calm him down "Stop talking like that, Sunstreaker... stop," I whispered, tears flowing over my cheeks. I felt a lump in my throat "I love you, Liberty... I love you," he whispered. "Sunstreaker, stop talking like this, please stop!" I whispered but didn't get a reaction. I looked up, seeing his once icy blue eyes stare at nothing, all the life was gone from his gorgeous blue eyes.

"S-Sunstreaker?" I whispered, softly pushing him, but he didn't react, his face was pale and lips were blue. My vision became blurry again "Sunstreaker! Wake up!" I snarled, giving him a push. "Please!" I sobbed before I left the room, sprinting over to the other room. Jolt grabbed me as I stormed in. "Liberty..." He groaned, holding me tighter. "Ratchet please... please do something," I cried. "Jolt, get her out of here," he snarled. Jolt dragged me out of the room and let go of me, I sank on my knees. I couldn't believe they were gone and unnerved got the change to tell Sideswipe how sorry I am!

I got up and sprinted down the hallway, I couldn't be here anymore. I didn't want to stay here and get remained of the ones I just lost. I couldn't look another Autobot in the optics and don't think about Sunstreaker or Sideswipe. I just couldn't...