Prologue

I sat by the lake we first met at, the daylight fading quickly. It had become my favorite place to hang out because my parents were just obsessed with convincing me to follow in their footsteps.

Then I felt him approaching. Ever since I met him that day, we had this weird psychic connection. It was weird, yet it felt so right.

He sat next to me on the dock, our legs hanging off it as we just stared at the moon coming in.

"You know it's not safe out here at night, especially during a full moon." He said.

I knew exactly what happened on a full moon, my parents always went out on those days with hunting equipment and came back sometimes battered. If I knew then what I know now. I'd have never come back to Gray Wolf Falls.

"Yeah...well I don't like following the rules." I replied dryly.

He turned to look at me, his brown eyes seemed to glow in the moonlight, but I knew that it wasn't just the moon.

"Do you have a death wish, Hailey ?" He asked. "Because the last time you were out here alone, I had to save you from being mauled."

I glared at him, why did he have to remind me of that ? God he was so infuriating sometimes !

"I can take care of myself, Calum." I spat, and I got up and left him out there alone.

I hated being told what to do. But if only I knew what was to come.