Chapter 31 - The truth

We somehow made it to my house without running into anyone but my Mom and brother. Of course my Mom and Kaden were also confused and had no memory of the past days.

I was relieved partially because I knew how crazy my brother got when he feels duped. Me, Cal, Ash and Luke sat on the couch awkwardly as my brother hammered us about what just happened.

My mother was in the kitchen making cookies for her guests and my Dad was trying to wrack his brain around everything.

"So you're telling me this Michael guy compelled me and our parents to think that you'd been kidnapped in order to get their hands on that stupid disco stick ?" Kaden said, not seeming to believe any of this.

I mean in any normal world that would be complete bullshit but this isn't a normal situation or world.

"I think you should sit down.." Calum started.

"Hush wolf boy. I know what you've been doing with my sister !" Kaden spat out.

Kaden looked at my shocked expression and laughed bitterly.

"What ? I knew the moment I recognized those eyes from the wolf that was chasing us." He said.

Whoa... where did that come from ? I could feel Calum tense up as my Dad stared at us both.

"Wait.." My Dad said seeming to struggle to hold in his overwhelming feelings.

I wish we could both disappear into a hole right now..

"You're a Werewolf ?" My Dad stated. "And you are fucking my daughter ?"

Dad ! Really ? My cheeks were burning red now..

"To be fair..we only fucked once so far !" Calum said and my eyes widened as I slapped his shoulder hard.

"You weren't suppose to admit it !" I said trying to play it off but my Dad didn't look pleased.

"I think I'm getting a headache.." My Dad stated as my Mom came back with a fresh tray of cookies.

"Hope you enjoy peanut butter cookies !" Mom smiled as Luke and Ashton took full advantage.

She sat down next to Dad who was currently rubbing his temples at Calum and I's revelation.

"So how did you two meet my daughter ?" She asked.

Calum looked down at his lap and Ashton seem to take that as his cue to make things less awkward.

"We met in town actually and found we have so many things in common." Ashton said.

My Mother didn't seem at all bothered by Calum being a werewolf. She just kept asking Ash and Cal question after question. My Dad was still freaking out but it least he didn't try and kill him yet..

"Hailey ?" My Dad said. "Can we speak in private ?"

I swallowed as I gave Calum a skeptical look. I sigh and get up to follow my Dad into the kitchen. He sat down and took a deep breath before speaking.

"Calum hasn't hurt me Dad." I said before he could respond. "He's been protecting me from The Warlock Coven."

He rubbed his beard, seeming to struggle to give me a civil response.

"How long have you been seeing him ?" He asked. "Hales I know you're heartbroken by your ex but there's better fish in the sea."

I fought the urge to roll my eyes and kept as calm as I could.

"Dad, Calum is a good guy." I replied. "He would never hurt me and I can assure you he won't hurt you guys either."

My Dad hated Werewolves but he seem to be conflicted about that now. Well at least where Calum is concerned.

"I don't like it but I can't stop you if you want to be with him." Dad finally said after a long silence. "Just know if he hurts you, he's dead."

I laughed and gave my Dad a long hug. I also gave him a short statement about what had went down while he was away.

"That Coven needs to be stopped." I said. "But I need your help to locate where we need to take the scepter."

My Dad sighed and relented, I hugged him extra tight just glad he was ok.

"First I got to re-activate that ward that some weasel broke." He said heading out of the kitchen.

I leaned against the table and shut my eye for a minute. I immediately got images of a woman holding the scepter at the top of some ruin. Fire surrounded her and everything living was parishing in the flames.

"Hailey."

I snapped out of my short vision and turned to see Calum standing in the kitchen entryway.

"You alright ?" He asked, I just walked up to him and wrapped my arms around his torso.

He hugged me back, his scent and touch could send me butterflies.

"Come up to my room with me." I said softly and took his hand as we made our way upstairs.

Once we snuck past my parents, we made it to my room. We sat on my bed together and were silent for a moment.

"Sooooo." Calum started,laughing nervously. "Is your Dad going to kill me ?"

I laughed, shaking my head.

"No. I think he'll come around." I smiled, he gave me a incredulous look.

"What ? Just like that ?" Calum asked. "I know he hated me when I put my foot in my mouth about what we did.."

"I explained how you saved me numerous times and basically used my Daddy's girl charm to get him to give you another shot." I stated. "Don't worry, as long as I care about you. He won't touch you."

Calum smiled, putting his arm around me.

"You know how amazing you are ?" He said, I playfully shoved him.

"I know but I think I could use some reassurance." I smirked.

He took that as permission and pushed me back on the bed as he leaned over me. His lips now hovering over mine. The kiss that came was electric as our lips moved together.

I grabbed his shirt and pulled him even closer as the kiss got heated, his tongue gaining entrance into my mouth. His hands went up my shirt as he pulled me up, my legs wrapping around him.

Knock. Knock.

I groaned against his lips trying to ignore it but the knocking kept persisting. Calum growled but let me go as I adjusted my shirt and went to answer the door.

It was Ashton. Way to kill the mood bud.

"Hate to interrupt your sexcapades but we need to get back to business." He said, I mentally rolled my eyes.

"We'll be right down." I said and he left us there.

I sighed and looked back at Calum.

"We'll continue this later ?" I asked, he got up and gave me a short peck.

"You know we will." He responded. "Let's get this over with."

I was dreading what I had to do.