Chapter 18-On The Road

I woke up the next morning feeling a lot less hot than yesterday. I was cuddled tightly in Calum's arms, my face buried in his warm chest.

I smiled to myself, wondering how we went from his nightmare to literally making out like 10 minutes later. It was still quiet, so I assumed Luke was still out like a light.

Calum stirred, his eyes opening slightly. Instead of getting up, he pulled me closer.

"Morning." I said.

"Morning." He replied, his voice was scratchy from sleep but sounded so hot.

"I thought you said you couldn't do this ?" I teased, poking his nose with my pinkie finger.

Calum chuckled, leaning his forehead against mine.

"Yeah....I lied.."Calum said meekly. "Being around you and maintaining distance has been so hard, I can't pretend like I don't like you."

I smiled, this was the best thing he could've said to me.

"What if you lose control ?" I ask. "Does being around me make you wanna go all Wolf on me ?"

"I think I was just scared.." Calum replied. "Scared of losing control of my feelings."

Well that explains it ! Because not once did he growl or turn Wolf man on me last night.

"And did you ?" I asked and he kissed me.

Maybe this road trip wasn't so bad after all. I mean if I got attention like this on the daily, I'd be a whole new woman.

"Yeah but it felt good." Calum said, kissing me one more time before getting up.

Later, we all joined at a nearby restaurant to fill our stomachs before going on the road again. I ended up ordering pancakes and Orange juice.

"We need to strategize our next move." Calum stated, sipping his tea.

How the hell do you strategize this kind of situation though ? I mean it's not like a movie that you get to choose the outcome.

"Question, How do we know this Ashton guy we're going to see will give us any information ?" Luke asked. "I mean he kinda sounds like a pussy."

I nearly snorted in my orange juice at his sarcasm. Calum however was not amused.

"Please do not call him a pussy to his face. If we want his help we gotta play nice." Calum warned and Luke just rolled his eyes.

"Aye ye captain !" Luke mocked, I swear he was never this sarcastic before.

"Luke, are you ok ?" I asked, he gave me a confused look as he drank his tea.

"Yeah, why ?" Luke replied, I shake my head and go back to my food.

Calum tried to hide the laugh about to erupt from his throat. Luke glanced at both of us confused.

"What's so funny ?" Luke asked.

"Nothing." I laughed, patting him on the back. "I'll be right back, need to use the ladies room."

I get up and walk off to the back of the restaurant and enter the bathroom which was thankfully empty. I did my business and went to wash my hands, when the hairs on my arms started to stand up.

Oh no... I was getting that feeling that I was being watched, I looked around the bathroom but no one was there. I sighed, ever since this stupid crystal ignited my powers I've been feeling things a lot more and I hated it.

I exited the bathroom began to feel like someone was behind me. I turned around but no one was there. Ok, Hailey you're bugging out. I walked back towards Calum and Luke and just couldn't shake that feeling that someone was watching us..

"Hailey ?" Calum said, I snapped out of it and gave him a bewildered look. "What's wrong ?"

I turned to look around and I stopped when I saw a familiar face sitting at a table in the far back. My mind went back to the picture of Michael that Calum showed me.

It was him.. I quickly turned my head before he noticed I was looking.

"We need to get out of here." I said. "Like now."

Calum and Luke looked concerned, I turned my head towards where Michael was sitting and Calum immediately got up, dropping some cash on the table.

"She's right, lets bolt." Calum said, he pulled me towards the door and Luke quickly followed.

I nearly stopped when I accidentally made eye contact with Michael and he smiled at me. Oh hell no. We rushed to the car and got inside as Calum started the car, Michael appeared at the Cafe doors.

"Calum he's coming !" I said, panic evident in my voice.

I could see a black ball of energy coming out of his hand. What the hell ? Luke looked just as mortified as I was. Seriously why did I come back here ?

"I'm trying." Calum said between clenched teeth.

Before Michael could release the dark ball from his hand, Calum revved the engine and we sped off in a cloud of dust. I sighed in relief as Michael's figure became smaller and smaller.

"What the hell was that black ball coming out of his hand ?" Luke asked. "That's some bad juju dude."

"No shit." Calum said.

"How did he find us so fast ?" I asked, shaking a little.

If he could find us wherever we are. How could we possibly stop him ?

"I don't know but we need to get to that guy pronto." Calum stated. "He has to know how to shake these assholes."

I leaned back and tried my best to stay calm, this was getting dangerous and I still have mentioned we have to find that Scepter before either group gets a hold of it.

But I still questioned my sanity about that dream, did I really talk to my dad ? Or was it some ploy to trick me into revealing the location ? I was questioning so much now.

Later that day, we once again stopping at a motel for the night, Calum said we should be there by tomorrow. Hopefully we didn't have anymore Michael run ins..

"Luke, why don't you unlock the room and we'll catch up." Calum said, handing him the keys.

Luke gave me a small smile before heading off to the room. Calum turned to me and gave me a serious look.

"You're worried about me, aren't you ?" I asked. "Well I can assure you, I'm fine."

I could tell Calum did not buy it, he got out of the car and came to my side and opened the door. I gave him a 'what' look and he motioned for me to get out.

I rolled my eyes and got out and he pulled me in for a comforting hug. I melted into his embrace and just stood there silent.

"I won't let anything happen to you." Calum said. "I promise."