Chapter 19-Meeting A Former Coven Member

We were on the road again, after getting some sleep we immediately took off in fear that Michael would somehow find us again. Luke was asleep in the back with me, his head leaning against the window.

Calum was of course driving and I was just staring out the window absentmindedly. Soft rock music played on the speakers as we rode down the country road.

"You ok back there ?" Calum asked.

Was I ok ? Was I really ok ? To be honest, I wasn't really sure anymore.

"Just dandy." I said dryly.

"Are you still feeling hot ?" Calum continues.

Surprisedly I wasn't feeling hot anymore, I think seeing that warlock really made my blood run cold.

"I'm fine, Calum." I said tight lipped. "I just want this all to be over with.."

The rest of the ride was silent, minus the music that Calum decided to blare loudly. Luke groaned as he sat up, rubbing his eyes of sleep.

"Calum, can you turn that down ?" Luke asked. "I have a headache."

Instead of turning it up, he obliged Luke's request. Luke settles down and puts his hands over his temples.

"You ok, Luke ?" I asked, he looked at me and groaned.

"I regret sleeping in this bumpy ass car." Luke replied. "God are we there yet ?"

Calum turned the car onto a deserted road where a old bar came into view. I started to feel that same energy that Michael emitted.

"We're here." Calum stated. "Now we just gotta find the bastard."

We went into the bar, not really sure where to look for the guy. Calum went up to the bar and asked the bartender if they knew and luckily they did.

"He should be home, want me to call and ask ?" The bartender asked, Calum nodded his head.

As the bartender called Ashton, Luke sat at the bar and ordered a drink. Calum glared at him but didn't say anything.

"He's upstairs, just make sure to knock really loud, his walls are thick." The bartender said hanging up the phone.

"You staying here, Luke ?" Calum asked.

"I think it be best as I'm not a huge fan of his people." Luke said. "Go ahead, I'll wait here."

So me and Calum went up to his apartment. He knocks loudly like the bartender said and we hear noise from inside. We both looked at each other and jump when a intercom beeps loudly next to his head.

"State your business." The voice said.

"We need your help." Calum stated. "It's about the Warlock Coven."

He was silent for what felt like forever until he spoke.

"What's the code word ?" The voice asked.

Calum looked at me for help, luckily I didn't forget the code word.

"It's Witch." I replied and the door opened.

A man stood at the door, he has short curly dark hair and lightly tanned skin. When he saw me, his eyes lit up.

"Come in." Ashton said quickly. "We'll talk inside."

So me and Calum followed him inside and we're surprised at how nice it was for a apartment above a bar. Two couches placed across a coffee table in the living room and a small flatscreen parallel to it.

"So, I'm assuming the coven is after you, Hailey." Ashton said.

"You know my name ?" I said a little shocked.

"Everyone in the coven knows about the Lovetts. Especially you and Kaden." Ashton said.

The thought of strange people watching us sent shivers down my spine. Calum wrapped a arm around me and I soon felt calmer. We sat on the couch and Ashton sat on the one across from us.

"You're probably wondering why both they and the wolf's are after you, so I'll explain this in simple terms." Ashton started, clasping his hands together. "You're very powerful, and when you touched that crystal I left. It fully awakened them."

"Why did you leave that crystal for Hailey, Ashton ?" Calum asked suspiciously. "What do you gain from her gaining her full powers ?"

Ashton laughed, sitting further into the couch.

"Because Hailey is meant to gain her full powers and without that crystal. She would've never gained her full potential."Ashton replies. "Plus those powers will come in handy for the trials to come."

Well that sounded ominous. What did he mean by that ?

"Trials ?" I asked, swallowing hard but that knot in my throat wouldn't go away.

"I heard from a little birdie that both groups are looking for a certain scepter ?" Ashton said. "You will have to get it and place it back where it belongs."

Me and Calum gave each other a 'wtf' kinda look and turned back to Ashton.

"And where does this scepter belong ?" Calum asked.

"That I don't know, but the scepter can and will show you where it originally was." Ashton replied. "All Hailey has to do is touch it and it will show you."

Great... so now I not only had to retrieve the scepter, I had to place it back to where it belong. Whatever that meant.

"But we have no idea where it is." Calum said frustration clear in his voice.

"Hailey does." Ashton stated. "Don't you ?"

Calum looked at me and I nodded my head sheepishly.

"Why didn't you tell me ?" Calum asked, I shrugged my shoulders.

"I was going to but I wasn't sure if what I saw in my dream was real." I said grimly. "A lot of stuff isn't making sense anymore."

Ashton got up and grabbed a book from the shelf and handed it to us. The cover had depictions of the scepter and warlocks on it.

"This book has everything you need to know. About the scepter and the warlock coven." Ashton said. "Anymore questions for me ?"

We both thought about it and Calum spoke up.

"Yeah, Why did you leave the Coven ?" Calum asked.

"The same reason you left the wolf pack, power hungry. I didn't join to get involve with some big ass war." Ashton replied. "Be careful though, Michael is really adamant on getting that scepter and you, Hailey."

Like I didn't know that already.

"So there's no easier way to stop them ?" I asked, he shakes his head.

"If there were, I'd have stopped them myself." Ashton said sighing. "But they're powerful and must be fought with the same amount of power."