Chapter 20- On The Search For The Scepter.

Me and Calum went and got Luke and dipped out of that bar fast. Once in the car, we tried to focus so we could figure out a game plan to retrieve the scepter.

Did I want to be going after it ? No. But if it was the only way to get those Warlocks to leave me alone, then so be it. Calum started the car and turned back to me.

"So where is this illusive scepter ?" He asked. "And please tell me it isn't far."

"It's at The lake by my house, literally inside the lake." I replied.

Calum sighed loudly, and Luke smirked.

"What's the matter ?" Luke teased. "Wolf boy can't handle a little mileage ?"

Calum turned to glare at Luke, I swear if these two didn't get some space they'd probably kill each other.

"I swear to god, Luke." Calum said. "If you keep testing me, I'm going to beat the shit out of you."

I gasphed at Calum's words. When I saw they were about to fight, I pushed Luke back and held my arms in-between them. Honestly how could they think to fight in a tight space like this ?

"Alright, I think we need to get back home, so you guys can cool down." I said carefully. "Please try not to kill each other until we're there."

Luke and Calum huffed but backed off, I sighed in relief as Calum started to drive. The drive was mostly silent,minus the music playing from the car radio.

When we got into the city, Luke wanted to be dropped off in front of his apartment complex. The building was tall and looked quite fancy compared to the other places nearby.

Calum stopped the car and Luke unbuckled his seat belt and gave me a apologetic smile.

"Will you be okay alone with him ?" Luke asked, I heard Calum scoff from the driver seat.

"I'll be fine, Luke. Just call me if you need to ok ?" I said and he exited the car.

Once he was inside, Calum turned back to glance at me.

"Sit in the front seat please." Calum said, I casually rolled my eyes but got out and got in the passenger seat next to him.

He started driving again, turning down the music a little.

"Are you sure you want to go back to your place ?" Calum asked. "I mean what if either the wolf pack or the coven are staking the place out to see if you come back ?"

I did think of that but we haven't seen the wolf pack at all during the trip and we only saw Michael once. And I needed to check in with my Mom and Brother.

"I think we will be fine. Besides, the scepter is not that far from there." I said glancing out the window.

Calum nodded his head and said ok, once back at my place. We got out and Calum of course insisted he go in first in case someone was waiting inside.

I looked around behind me and all seemed quiet, I wondered where my Mom and Brother were ? Probably still at the hospital with my Dad. Calum gave the all clear and we entered my house.

The door was repaired and the couch was no longer against the front door. I saw a note on the coffee table and picked it up to read.

Hailey,
I don't know where you are or how the hell the door got busted but please call either me or Mom. Dad is still the same but the good news is he's healing well. Hopefully he wakes soon. Talk to you later.

Kaden.

I set the note down and went to fetch myself a drink from the fridge. Calum checked out all the doors and windows to make sure everything was locked and came back down to sit at the table.

I gave him a drink and he thanked me, it felt weird being there after what happened.

"You okay ?" I asked, Sipping my juice. "You and Luke really butt heads earlier."

Calum took a drink and set it down, sighing.

"That's cause he's annoying as fuck." Calum replied. "He really knows how to push my buttons and the only reason he came was because he didn't trust me with you."

I sighed and sat next to him and put my hand over his.

"He's just a good friend." I said. "You know I trust you, right ?"

Calum smiled and gave my hand a squeeze.

"Yeah, I mean we did wake up in the same bed not too long ago." He teases, I slap his shoulder.

I playfully rolled my eyes and got up but he wrapped his arms around my waist and instead pulled me onto his lap. I blushed and turned my head away.

"Do I make you nervous Hailey ?" He whispered in my ear, sending a shiver down my spine.

"No." I reply, sitting straight.

His arms tighten around my waist as his lips touch the base of my neck, he slowly places kisses up my neck until he reaches that sweet spot behind my ear.

"Shouldn't we be strategizing our next move ?" I asked, literally melting at his touch.

"I can think of many other things we can do to occupy our time." Calum said, his hands going underneath my shirt.

I shut my eyes as his hands rubbed up my stomach until they were placed on my breasts. I fought the urge to moan it vibrating at the edge of my throat.

"Answer me sweetheart." He cooed in my ear. "What do you want to do ?"

Why did his touch make me so hot for him ? Of course the universe must hate me because my phone started blaring on the table. Calum groaned.

"Please don't answer that." He pleaded.

But of course I didn't listen and got up and grabbed my phone, it was my Mom. So I gave Calum that 'Be Quiet' look and answered.

"Hey Mom.." I said carefully. "How's it going ?"

"Why am I hearing that you've been hanging out with a Werewolf ?" She asked, my stomach dropped.

How did she know ?