Chapter 15-Mini road trip

I sat outside on the porch after rushing out of the room. It was overwhelming hearing Calum's theory as to why this Michael was after me. They thought I had some kind of power ?

I didn't have any power, I never even practiced magic or any kind of psychic rituals. My whole life I was normal. I didn't show any signs of being gifted, until I touched that crystal.

I pulled the crystal out of my pocket and looked at the blue stone carefully. It wasn't glowing and felt cool in my palm. How could this give me that power they're after ?

I heard the front door to the cabin creak open and I turned to see Calum leaning in the doorway. His brows were etched with concern, but I just turned my head to look away. I heard the door slam and felt him sit next to me.

"I'm sorry if I freaked you out back there." Calum said looking at the ground. "I didn't mean to sound so insensitive... I just can't stand Michael and his group."

I looked over at him and could see all his muscles are tense and he looks as if he wants to blow off some steam or punches more likely.

"It's ok...I just don't feel the same anymore ya know ?" I said. "Ever since I touched this.."

I held the crystal in the palm of my hand, looking at it intently. Expecting it to glow again but it remained the same blue it always was. Calum took the rock from my hand and glanced at it.

"We need to figure out what kind of Crystal this is and who left it for you." Calum said. "And I know where we can go to find out."

I gave him a quizzical look, and he decided to mention this now ? He got up and went back into the cabin, I followed and saw he was grabbing his phone and hat.

"Going somewhere ?" Luke asked, he was sitting on the couch playing with his phone.

"We're. Unless this will be too much for you blondie ?" Calum chuckled. "Me and Hailey can go and just drop you off at home if you'd like."

Luke glared at him, before getting up in a huff.

"No way am I leaving Hailey alone with a wolf." He said, grabbing his stuff. "Let's go then."

Calum growled, his pupils dilating a bit but I put my hand on his arm and he seem to calm down. He turned and lead us out of the cabin. We walked through the wilderness for a while, not seeming to have any sort of direction in mind.

Until we reached a bar, where Calum proceeded to smash the window of a nearby car and unlock the door from the inside.

"Calum ?" I asked nervously. "What are you doing ?"

Calum opened the door and started messing with the wires under the driver seat, until it roared to life.

"Stealing a car." Calum stated. "We can't get to where we're going fast without a ride."

I sighed and went around to get in the passenger seat. Of course Luke looked mortified at what Calum was doing, but he got in the back anyways.

"If we get arrested. I'm blaming you." Luke huffed.

Calum glared back at him, but said nothing as he propelled the car forward. It took about a hour to get where Calum was taking us and it was a eccentric crystal shop.

"The lady inside knows all about crystals, she should know where the one you have came from." Calum said as he parked the car.

Me and Calum got out of the car and see Luke is still pouting in the back seat.

"Are you coming ?" I asked Luke and he shook his head quickly seeming quite flustered.

"I'll just wait in the car." Luke replied, sinking back into his seat.

Why was he acting so weird all of sudden ? Calum and I walked towards the crystal shop, with each step I felt a tremendous amount of energy coming from inside.

I stopped for a moment feeling overwhelmed with the energy radiating from the shop, Calum stopped and turned his head back at me.

"You ok ?" Calum asked. "You look like you're about to pass out.."

I shook my head and started walking again. I can hear Calum sighing as he follows me inside the shop. The store smelled of incenses, specifically Jasmine.

I walked around and saw so many different types of crystals of different colors,shapes and sizes. Calum went towards the back, so I followed him and there was a petite older woman wearing what I can assume is a gypsie type outfit.

"DeeDee ?" Calum said, clearing his throat.

DeeDee turned around and smiled when she saw Calum. She gave him a short hug before looking at us both.

"Calum, Dear. So nice to see you and you brought your girlfriend !" DeeDee beamed as she looked me over.

"I'm just a friend actually.." I correct her kindly. "It's nice to meet you though, I'm.."

"Hailey Lovett. Yes I know who you're Dear." DeeDee said smiling. "Just never had such a gifted woman in my shop before."

What did she mean by that ?

"Gifted ?" I asked, DeeDee smiled and grabbed my hand and put both hers over mine.

"Yes, your psychic powers are finally awakening." She said. "I knew as soon as you touched that crystal it would activate."

I gave her confused look, she knew about that crystal ? I pulled it out of my pocket and showed it to her.

"Do you know who sent it ?" I asked. "It appeared on my windowsill a couple nights ago.."

DeeDee dropped my hand and took a step back.

"I do. But I swore I wouldn't give his name if you came looking." DeeDee said.

"Please, DeeDee."Calum pleaded. "The Warlock Coven is after her and he might have some answers as to why."

DeeDee's eyes widen at the mention of The Warlock Coven. So that group has gotten quite a reputation huh ?

"They already found out about your powers ?" DeeDee asked. "They must be watching you more than I thought.."

"What do you mean ?" I asked confused.

"There's a former Warlock Coven member I've been in contact with. He'll know more and he's also the one who left that crystal in your room." She stated. "His name is Ashton."