Chapter 28- Rescue me

It all felt kinda like a hazy drug trip, after I had tried to run they had taken me upstairs and injected me with something that made me feel so weak..

So now I was drugged and tied to a stupid chair, whenever I tried to move the rope would burn my wrists to the point of tears. Jesus, what the hell kinda rope is this ?

I stopped struggling and tried to clear my head. I needed to get out of here before they had the chance to try and compel me. I pulled against the rope but the burning made me cry out.

Oh god how was I going to get out of this ?

Calum's POV

"Are you sure you know where the control room is ?" I whispered as we snuck past hallway after hallway.

"Yes I'm sure." Ashton said, stopping behind yet another wall. "We have to be careful these guys can smell a rat from a mile away."

"If they can smell us even with the disguises, then why did we change clothes ?" I asked sarcastically.

Ashton put a finger to his lips as a set of coven members walked down the hall opposite to us. They were talking and seemed distracted, why weren't we attacking them ? They may know where Hailey is !

Once they were gone we snuck down the hall and came across a door with Control Room in big bold letters on top.

"Did you know where it was all along ?" I asked suspiciously, he smiled cheekily.

"I may have been here a long time ago." Ashton said, pulling out a lock picking kit as he messed with the door.

"Can't you just use your magic or a spell ?" I asked and the door clicked open.

"I could but it's more fun doing it the hard way." Ashton stated checking to make sure the control room was empty before entering.

We enter the control room and gently shut the door as we eye the many screens monitoring the many rooms/areas of the place.

"Do you see her ?" I asked looking at the many screens.

Ashton started pushing buttons on the keyboard and the cameras switched around. And on the middle screen we see Hailey tied to a chair, weakly struggling with the ropes that bound her.

My fists tightened at the sight, I was going to kill them.

"That room is a few stories up. Come on let's go before they come back." Ashton said.

He didn't have to tell me twice. We snuck out of the room and slowly made our way upstairs. As we did, we could hear someone crying out for help. It didn't sound like Hailey but we checked it out anyways.

Ashton worked to open the door the screams were coming from.

"Do we really have time to be releasing other prisoners ?" I asked carefully.

"It could help us make a quick escape for when we find Hailey." Ashton said and the door opened and we see none other than Luke.

I'm about to attack him when Ashton stops me.

"You son of a bitch !" I spat. "Why'd you do it ?"

Luke looked confused as he came out of the room. He had a few bruises on his temple and blood on the back of his neck.

"What are you talking about ?" Luke asked bewildered. "And where's Hailey ?"

I nearly attacked him again but Ashton pushed me back again.

"How long have you been here, Luke ?" Ashton asked.

Luke rubbed his temple, seeming to think about his next words.

"Since that day when we were ambushed at Hailey's." Luke groaned rubbing his neck.

Wait...if he was here this entire time, then he couldn't have been the one to take Hailey.

"But I literally saw you kidnap Hailey." I chimed in.

"Warlocks can shapeshift into anyone they want." Ashton added. "They knew Hailey wouldn't question Luke, so they used his appearance to get to her."

"Wait." Luke said. "Hailey was kidnapped ?"

"Less talking, more walking."Ashton said pushing us forward. "We need to get Hailey and dip."

So we quickly made our way up, until we were on the floor Hailey was being held in.

"Be careful." Ashton whispers. "There might be magical wards on this floor."

Hailey's POV

I groaned at the pain in my wrists after all the failed attempts to break free from these ropes. I soon started to hear whispers in the corridor. I became silent.

Was that Michael or his crew ? No. They wouldn't whisper like that. My question about to be answered as the doorknob to the room i was in started to jiggle.

"Hailey ?" Someone whispered. "Are you in there ?"

"Who's there ?" I asked carefully.

The door made a clicking noise as it opened, revealing Calum, Ashton and Luke. They had finally found me !

Calum rushed over to me and carefully undid the ropes binding me to the chair. It felt so good to have my hands free.

"You came for me !" I said, wrapping my arms around his neck. "It was so awful.."

He pulled me up, hugging me tightly. It felt so damn good to be in his arms again.

"You know I'd never leave you." Calum said, his voice muffled by my hair.

I pulled away and looked at Luke, was that really him ?

"They told me what happened to you and i swear to god it wasn't me, Hailey." Luke said. "I would never betray you like that."

I smiled and hugged him too. This one was definitely Luke. I heard Ashton clearing his throat as we turned to look at him.

"As touching as this reunion is, we probably should get the fuck out of here before they notice we are here." Ashton said, we all nodded and got the hell out there.

The moment we got to the car, I breathed a huge sigh of relief. How we got out of there so easily i don't know but I wasn't going to question it.

"So what are we gonna do now ?" I asked.

Ashton started the car and put it in drive.

"We need to get that Scepter."