Chapter 24- setback

"Hailey !"

"Hailey ?"

"Hailey WAKE UP !"

I open my eyes and see Calum leaning over me trying to wake me up.

"What's wrong ?" I asked sleepily. "Why are you yelling ?"

Calum grabbed the remote and turned up the volume on the flat screen tv across the room and it was on a News channel and there was a APB out for me ! What the hell ?

News Anchor: Police are currently asking for your help in locating a 24 year old woman. Her name is Hailey Lovett and she is the daughter of Hayes and Kayla Lovett, who are Werewolf hunters for GrayWolf Falls. Hayes was hurt in a Wolf attack recently when he finally woke up and demanded to go home. So he, his Wife and Son Kaden went home to find the house in shambles and Hailey missing.

I looked in horror as my face was shown on the screen. My Dad was awake ? And Kaden was there too ? What about Luke ? A lot isn't adding up about this...

News Anchor: Hayes believes she was kidnapped by one of the Wolf Clans members and is currently being held hostage somewhere. Hailey is believed to be traveling by vehicle with the man, so if you see her please call local police immediately. But first I would like you to hear what Hayes and his family have to say to Hailey and her abductor.

I watched as my Dad, Mom and Brother were standing next to the local sheriff at the town hall with a bunch of microphones in front of them. My eyes widened when I saw one of Michael's men behind them, just watching.

Dad: The last couple weeks has been tough on our family with me being laid up in the hospital for so long and now those vermin have taken this opportunity to take my daughter. I am offering a huge reward for anyone who can bring my daughter back safe home to us.

"What ?...." I said confused. "But Kaden knows what really happened... and where is Luke ?"

Calum shut off the tv and looks at me.

"Michael must've did something to make them say those things." Calum said. "Which means we need to go, NOW !"

Ashton came bursting in through the front door in a panic but we knew already what it was about.

"Before you say anything, we already seen the news." Calum stated. "We have to leave before anyone notices she was here."

Calum quickly shoves what little stuff we had in a bag and we head out of the room towards the car.

"I'm coming with you two." Ashton said and Calum of course glared at him as he got to the car. "You're gonna need me Wolf boy, especially if you want to avoid Michael."

Calum shook his head and we got in the car and drove out of the parking lot.

"So what now ?" I asked after a long silence.

Calum sighed, seeming to struggle to find the right words to say.

"What we need to do is get that scepter." Ashton cut in, he had his head once again in another one of his old ass books.

Calum glared at him.

"And how do you expect us to do that when we have the cops looking everywhere for Hailey ?" Calum said with sarcasm.

"And I'm pretty sure if I go there they will sense I'm back and catch me." I chime in. "Shouldn't we lay low for a bit ?"

Everything just seems to be unraveling after I returned to GrayWolf Falls. At first I was just trying to figure out where to go after the disaster that happened in New York and now....

"I'm still trying to figure that out." Ashton said. "But once the scepter is in it's rightful place, it can't be removed or used anymore."

"Which is where exactly ?" Calum asked.

Ashton shrugged.

"I told you before I don't know." Ashton replied sighing. "Hailey has to touch the scepter to reveal it's location and with The Coven out in full force I don't know how we're going to do that."

Gee, Thanks for the confidence boost, Ashton...

"I need my phone." I groaned, I went literally nowhere without it.

And suddenly out of nowhere, I felt the weight of a phone in my hand. I looked down and somehow my cellphone was in my palm.

"No way..." I whispered.

They both turned to look at me and saw my phone in my hands.

"I thought you left it back at your house ?" Calum asked.

How the hell did I do that ?

"I did...." I said, checking to see if it still had battery.

"Teleportation is one of your abilities, Hailey." Ashton said. "I just didn't think you'd learn it so fast."

I quickly dialed Luke's number and put the phone to my ear.

"Are you sure you should be calling someone on that phone ?" Calum asked. "What if they trace the call ?"

"Relax, they don't even know she has her phone and plus we'll be long gone by the time they even think to trace the call." Ashton said.

I waited as the phone rung, until I heard his voice on the other line.

"Luke ?" I asked nervously.

"Hailey ?" Luke asked seeming relieved. "Hailey where are you ? Are you ok ?"

"I'm fine." I stated. "Are you alright ?"

"Yeah I'm fine. Managed to get away but unfortunately they got to your brother.." Luke said. "I'm assuming you saw the news.."

"Yeah... it forced us to run." I said grimly. "Listen I got to go but I will call you when I get the chance ok ?"

"Be safe, Hailey." Luke said but it didn't sound like him.

I dropped my phone in my lap, slowly looking up.

"Is blondie alright ?" Calum asked.

"Yeah... I think so.." I said not really sure.

If they got to my Brother And My Mom and Dad. They could get to Luke... or was I just being paranoid ?

"There's a hotel coming up, you want to stop
And we can start again in the morning ?" Calum asked and I just nod my head.

I had a uneasy feeling in my stomach..