Chapter 27- Rescue(Calum pov)

Apparently searching for where the Coven would hide a prisoner is not Ashton's thing because we have gone to several locations and found no sign of them ever being there.

"You were a member of the coven, how can you not be sure where they are ?" I demanded.

Hailey was kidnapped by the coven and I worried that they'd try to influence her the way they did her parents and brother to gain access to the scepter.

"I've been out of the coven for a long time man !" Ashton replied, still having his nose in another one of his damn books. "Cut me some slack."

Seriously ? How were books going to help us find Hailey ?

I sighed, pulling the car over just needing time to think. Really think. If I could see Hailey being kidnapped, then maybe I could somehow see where she is now ?

"Is there a way I can somehow see where she is ?" I asked. "I mean I could see her being grabbed so why wouldn't I be able to see where she is currently ?"

Ashton seem to think it over before once again looking into his book for answers. Seriously has he not heard of the internet? No one reads books anymore !

"You two must be really connected to get into each other's heads like that." Ashton stated. "It takes practice usually to channel each other in that way but not if..."

His voice trailed off. Not if what ? The only way I could see there being a way for us to do that is if we are....

"If she's my mate ?" I finished for him.

"That's what I was going to say ! It is kinda strange that the universe would put you with a Werewolf hunter's daughter.. but hey what do I know ?" Ashton said and I just glare at him.

It didn't matter to me that Hailey had Werewolf hunting lineage, she wasn't even into it like her Brother is.

"Focus, we need to figure out how I can channel where she is." I stated.

Ashton held up his hands in defense and stopped on a page in his book and showed it to me. It looked to be some sort of Ritual using a item of the lover's to channel what the other was thinking.

That was it ? Just holding a item of their's and boom we get into each other's heads ? Is that how it happened before ? With her phone ? I had to try.

"Just concentrate and think about all the good times you two have had together." Ashton said.

I close my eyes and hold her phone in my hands once again, trying to concentrate on connecting with Hailey. It takes me not long to start seeing images that are coming from her, hopefully..

It looks like she is in a bedroom, the image feels heavy...like she is drugged... I can see she sitting in a chair, her arms bound behind her with a weird looking rope. She's barely conscious but I can feel the fear she feels.

Come on Hailey show me where this hideout is. I concentrated more and got a image of the outside of the house, it look to be in a abandoned area. There was a address on a sign right by the mailbox 444.

Woods surrounded the place and hardly any cars drove by. I snapped out of the image and it takes me a bit to get my bearings.

"Did you get anywhere ?" Ashton asked.

Once my vision had cleared, I knew exactly where to go. I don't know how but I can feel it.

"I know where they're holding her." I replied, starting the engine. "And we got to hurry before they get in her head."

"Christ they really are batshit crazy.." Ashton mumbled. "Trying to corrupt Hailey be like trying to corrupt the devil."

I glared at him.

"What do you mean by that ?" I asked.

"The type of magic Michael uses is very dark and with how powerful Hailey's power is." Ashton said. "She could destroy the whole area if she gives in."

That didn't sound good..

"Is there a way Hailey can resist it ?" I asked. "There's no way she'd let them control her like that."

Ashton shrugs his shoulders.

"It's possible but if she's in a weakened state, it can happen." Ashton said. "I wouldn't put it past them if they used that drug to subdue her powers though."

My fists squeezed the steering wheel tighter, nearly turning white. I couldn't let them use her like this.

"I should've ran after her right when she left the room.." I said. "If anything happens to her.."

"Hey. We will get her back, ok ?" Ashton encouraged.

I smiled a little but I wasn't going to feel better until I found her and beat the living shit out of that damn Coven. After what seemed like forever. We were on the road leading up to the Coven's hide out.

"Slow down." Ashton said, he pointed towards the entrance and there were of course members guarding it. "If we want to get in, we will have to ambush them and that means they can't see us."

I rolled my eyes but obliged. I slowed the car and parked behind some overgrown trees. Luckily it was so dark even the Coven wouldn't be able to see us.

"Ok, so how are we going to get in ?" I asked, Ashton smiled evilly.

"Just leave that to me, mate." Ashton said and we got out of the car being sure not to slam the doors.

We quietly walked through the trees until we were directly across from the Coven's entrance. The guards were looking kinda bored and on the verge of falling asleep.

Ashton cheekily held up his hand and a light came out of it slowly forming what look to be a puppy ? He pulled his hand back and the puppy didn't disappear and instead started to make small yelping noises.

The noise of course made the men look and they started walking towards it. I gave Ashton a look and he just kept smiling as the men reached the puppy.

Then the puppy made this terrifying face and both men fell to the ground unconscious. I stood there flabbergasted by what just happened.

"What did you.." I started.

"No time to explain, we need to get in their clothes if we want to go in undetected." Ashton said and we did quick.

Inside was of course like a maze of doors and hallways.

"How are we gonna find Hailey ?" I said eyeing the place.

"We have to find the control room, they are probably watching her." Ashton said. "Just follow my lead."

Hopefully following his lead doesn't lead to us getting caught.