Chapter 18: Call her Mine

**Jade**

The beach early in the morning is like pressing the reset button, and after last night I feel like I need a reset button. Honestly, last night feels like an awful fever dream, seeing my ex-boyfriend with a woman who had a very brief fling, if you want to call it that with the woman, I'm currently.... Sleeping with but also in love with but haven't had any discussion as to what we are exactly. I imagine we will at some point.

"So, we have a small break then leave for Mexico." Laura says looking at her phone and sips her coffee.

"By small break you mean, we fly home tomorrow, rest for 3 days, Billie rehearses for 2, we scramble around for 1 and then fly out?" I take a bite of my toast.

"Basically..." She laughs then looks up at Sophie who walks into the breakfast area, a huge smile still on her face, followed by Taylor. "I can't believe Danny didn't fire her."

I just shrug, "We can't all be Danny's be favorite."

I feel the booth dip next to me "You're my favorite." Billie whispers lowly in my ear.

"Thanks." I blush as my phone buzzes. I'll look at it later.

"What's on the schedule today?" Billie asks Laura as she stuffs a strawberry into her mouth.

"You have a free day, so you can hang out here, or check out some of the artists at Hangout. Whatever you want to do."

"Who's playing today?"

"Lana Del Rey, I think.." Laura says looking at her Phone then at Billie. That's it, we've lost Billie.

"I don't get why you work out." Billie says as she walks into my room flopping onto the bed as I secure my towel around my body. "You're hot as fuck."

"I... stop it." I blush and finally check my text message.

Daph: Happy Birthday Sister! Hope you're having an awesome time on tour! I sent something to you, its at the post office for you to pick up. FaceTime me when you can. I love you!!

I shake my head and toss my phone onto the bed.

"Who was that?"

"Daphne"

"Is everything ok?"

"Yeah." I swat her hand away as she tries to push my towel up my thigh as I dig through my bag.

"What'd she say?" She asks sliding her hand up my thigh under my towel.

"Nothing..." I swat her hand away again pulling clothes out of my bag and walking into the bathroom to get dressed.

"I see you naked all the time!!"

"I'm removing temptation!"

"Why didn't you tell me it was your birthday?"

"It's just another day!" I walk out of the bathroom, pulling my hair into a messy bun.

"Then I owe you birthday sex." She smiles and sticks her tongue out at me. "C'mon let's dip."

Perk of being with Billie? Watching bands from a secluded VIP section. Unfortunately because she's a big fucking star her entire team is with her, bummer. Not like I'd try to make out with her in public, I'm not that brazen.

"I'm going to go find something to eat." I tell Laura.

"Want me to come with?"

"I'll be fine." I tell her waving her off as Billie looks at me over her shoulder, I shake my head and make my way to the food vendors in VIP.

I adjust my sunglasses and wipe the sweat off my forehead. Fuck its humid.

"Jade...?" You've got to be fucking kidding me.

"What?"

"Can we talk about what happened last night?"

"You're kidding, right?" I cross my arms over my chest looking at Taylor, who easily towers over me.

"Look, I didn't know you were going to be here."

"Awesome." I roll my eyes behind my sunglasses and start to walk away.

"Jade, wait." He grabs my wrist harshly. It's enough to set me off. Without thinking I rear back, and my fist meets his left jaw and the pain that radiates through my knuckles is enough to make me scream.

"Do NOT, put your hands on me, ever again." I hold my knuckles with my other hand while he holds his jaw. I know him well enough to know he won't hit me back nor will he tell anyone what happened.

"See ya Jade." He says rubbing his jaw.

I make my way to closest vendor and ask bag of ice and lay the bag across my swollen knuckles and wince in pain. "Fuck." I mumble.

**Billie**

I look at my phone, Jade's been gone for a hot minute and I'm starting to get worried, it doesn't take 2 hours to go get food.

"Sorry..." I hear her say scooting past Sully and my dad.

"What happened?!" I say looking at her hand, her knuckles are bruised and why is her other wrist bruised? "Mom?"

"What is it sweetie?" My mom pushes through the team of people. I hold up Jade's hand to her.

"Is her hand broken?"

My mom takes Jade's hand gently, examining it. "Probably not, just bruised. What happened?"

"It's a long story. I think I'm going to head back to the hotel. Okay?" She looks at me then at my mom.

"Want me to go with you?" I ask.

"No, stay and enjoy Lana." She smiles genuinely. "I'm kind of tired anyway. I'll take a shuttle back."

"Text me when you get to the hotel. And let Sully walk you to the shuttle." I tell her.

Jade did text me when she got back to the hotel, I feel bad for not insisting on going back with her. I feel even worse she spent the rest of her birthday alone. I walk into my room slowly to find Jade sleeping on her back, in one of my t-shirts and pair of pink low-rise boy-shorts. The shirt has ridden up exposing the bare skin of her lower abdomen and the curve of her hips and her bare thighs. I smile to myself and strip down to just my own shirt and underwear and crawl between her legs slowly placing a kiss on the side of her knee making my way up slowly. I see her eyebrow furrow a little, I kiss higher placing an open mouth kiss on the inside of her thigh and slide my hands up to her hips slowly. Her eyes flutter open slowly.

"Oh.."

"Shhh.."I whisper against her thigh and start to suck harshly. It's been a minute since she's had a mark here. I slide one hand against her core brushing the pad of my thumb over her bikini line. Her breath hitches, as I kiss higher up her thigh and core slowly, then up her stomach nipping a little finally getting to her lips. "Hi" I whisper against her lips, my hand slides into her panties slowly.

"H-Hi.."

"It's still your birthday..."

She swallows hard "For another.... Hour...."

"I'll take my time" I kiss her lips softly as her hips grind slowly against my hand.