Meeting

I was nervous as hell as I rang the bell. It seemed like it was taking forever for the door to open, but it was just seconds. And, when it opened Ace was standing there looking beautiful as ever. She was holding a smiling, blonde haired, blue-eyed baby dressed all in blue. He had his right hand on his mother's breast. My breath caught quickly. Since I was a little speechless, Finn jumped in.

"Love, you are looking beautiful as always. It is great to see you."

Finn leaned in to give me a quick kiss on the cheek.

"Come in, come in," I told them as I led them to the living room.

When Logan took a seat, I asked him if he would like to hold Fitz.

"Sure," he answered. Then, I put him in his lap and bent down beside them.

"Fitz, this is your daddy."

Logan just stared at him. I watched him as he slowly examined his child. He was taking in every little detail.

"He is beautiful, Rory. I assume his hair will be blonde like mine, when it fully comes in on his perfectly round head. All I see now is mostly white fuzz. His eyes are definitely yours."

"His smile is all yours, Logan."

Reaching to take Fitz out of his lap, I said, "let me show you what he like's." Putting him down on his activity mat, I turned on the music and his eyes lit up with his little legs pumping. I started talking to Fitz as if we were all alone. "You like that? Yes, mommy's little boy likes his music. Don't you?" He began to swing his arms and make those little baby sounds. I tickled his tummy with my fingers and he laughed showing his two white teeth.

Logan stared at Rory on the floor with this beautiful baby—his son. He was mesmerized watching her play with Fitz. She was lost in her own world engaged with him. Logan took his camera out and snapped a couple of pictures.

Shortly, Rory got up saying, "he's a really happy baby. Listen, why don't you and I go out to the pool house to talk. Finn, can you watch Fitz for a little bit?"

Logan and Finn were both sort of shocked out of their dazed state. "Sure, love, I'd be happy to watch my nephew. Uncle Finn and little Huntz will have a smashin' time."

"Just don't let him crawl off around the floor too far. Babies love to grab at everything in sight."

"Got it, love."

Heading out the side door, I asked Logan, "You remember the pool house, don't you?"

"Of course I do. All those times of you 'working blue,' Ace?"

I whipped my head up at him. "Don't call me that, Logan."

He threw up his hands saying, "okay, I'm sorry."

As we entered the place that held so many memories, I just sighed and asked, "would you like anything to drink?"

"No, I'm fine."

Sitting down Logan asked, "Can I ask you some questions?"

"Sure. What do you want to know?"

"First, I'd like to know my son's full name, his date of birth and his birth weight. Second, did you have a good pregnancy? And, why are you living in your grandparents' house?

"Your son's full name is Richard Fitzwilliam Gilmore. He was born June 28th and he weighed 7 lbs. 11 oz. My pregnancy was mostly uneventful. I did have morning sickness that wasn't always in the morning, but other than that it was okay. My grandma moved to Nantucket and I tried to buy the house from her, but she wouldn't let me. So, here I am. I did my writing in Grandpa's study."

"Fitzwilliam, huh? Would that be from Mr. Fitzwilliam Darcy?"

Smiling, I answered," Yes, you know me and Jane Austen."

"Listen, Logan, I need to tell you something. I don't want a relationship for Fitz like I had with my Dad. No in and out of his life. You need to promise me that you are going to commit to seeing him on a very regular basis or I don't want you to start anything. He's really young now and won't remember anything for a while, but he'll be expecting things soon. Also, I need to know how this will work with you and Odette. Will she be okay with all this?"

"Rory, I can promise you that I will be completely committed to Fitz. I want to be in his life as much as you'll let me. I'm going to take steps immediately to get back to HPG in New York. As for Odette, I'm not married to her or anyone. I thought you might know that."

"No, I didn't know. I don't do social media or follow the tabloids, Logan. I pretty much blocked all that out months and months ago. Why didn't you marry Odette?"

"She died from a car accident three weeks before we were to marry."

"Oh my god, Logan. I'm so sorry. How terrible."

"Thanks. Actually, I had already told her that I wouldn't go through with the wedding. I didn't love her and she didn't love me. We both knew that if we married, it would be a painful disaster. She was with her boyfriend when the accident happened."

"Oh, no."

"Thanks. Come on, let's go back in the main house. I want to spend more time with Fitz."

Walking back into the house, it was an amazing sight to see Finn on the floor with a baby trying to get him to follow his instructions to grab one of his toys lying on the mat.

"Finn, you do know that he doesn't understand what you're saying, right?"

Laughing, he answered, "well, love, I thought maybe since he was a product of you and Huntzberger, here, he might be some kind of special genius."

We all laughed. "Actually, I don't know if I would want a genius but I think he'll have plenty of aptitude for the books."

"I'm sure you're right about that. So, in case he was thirsty I only gave him a small amount of scotch just to see how he'd like it."

"Finn, stop," I chuckled at him. "It's Logan's turn now so you can get up off the floor and let him take over."

Logan sat down cross-legged on the mat and picked Fitz up. "Hey there buddy, did you have fun with your Uncle Finn? Yeah, I bet you did. When you grow up I hope you have a good friend like him. That's right. You think that's funny, huh?" Fitz was smiling, laughing and reaching out to touch Logan's face. Logan set him on his bottom but Fitz wasn't having any of that. He immediately reared his back to stand up. "Hey, are you trying to walk? That's good, that's right," Logan said to him as he was bobbing his foot up and down.

I quickly snapped a photo. It was some sight to see—Logan Huntzberger playing with a baby. A baby that was our son. He seemed to be totally enjoying himself. Fitz gave a little yawn and became a little fussy. Logan looked over at me with an expression of 'help'. "Let me take him. It's time he had a nap."

"Okay. Listen, we better be going. I want to go see Honor while I'm in town. Rory, I'd love to take you to dinner. Can you get a sitter with short notice?"

"Logan, why don't you get some take out and come back here. You can spend more time with Fitz and we can talk more."

"You sure you don't mind."

"No, it won't be a problem at all."

"Love, it's been great to see you and meet your handsome little one." He leaned in to give me a hug and whispered, "give him another chance. He needs you."

A/N:  So, a different twist with Odette.  How was Logan affected by this even though they weren't in love.  Our girl, Rory, resisting Logan.  It's never happened before.  Thanks for reading, voting and giving me your thoughts.